Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Graphical Editor in SpringSource ToolSuite

Hello Friends,
    I have been using SpringSource ToolSuite for quite some time. However, I would like to add beans and create dependencies graphically. For eg. I add beans using the graphical editor and this works quite fine. However, I would like to either drag and drop beans into other beans and this would automatically create a dependency in the code, like add a private variable and create getter and setters method and also enter the dependency in the applicationContext.xml. At least, I would like to type in and then use Ctrl+Space to autocomplete bean dependencies. However, these features are not available in the Graphical Editor. I was wondering if there is something wrong I am doing or just that there is no IDE that does this?

Hi!

We provide a lot of that functionality in the XML editor for Spring configuration files, but not in the graphical editor, since many people prefer to work with the XML or the annotation style Spring programming. But anyway, if you would like to see this in a future version of STS, I would like to motivate you to put in a JIRA enhancement issue into our issue tracker:
    https://issuetracker.springsource.com/browse/STS

Cheers,
    -Martin

Comment

Working...
    X