Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• STS does not stop in breakpoints!!

Hi,
    I recently upgraded my STS version from 2.5.2 to 2..6.1 through STS update site. After that debug feature in STS stopped working. It does not stop whereever i put breakpoints. Anyone knows the fix? I hope its not a JRE issue since it happened only after STS update.

JRE version is 1.6.0_24 and my OS is Ubuntu(x-64) 10.04.

thanks in advance,
    ramchris

Can you be a little more specific? We are not aware of any regressions in debug support, but it is true that you may have uncovered a bug.

In particular:

Which debugging feature are you talking about?

What kind of project are you working on?

Can you share a code snippet where you would expect a breakpoint to work, but it isn't?

When you add a breakpoint and run your program, do you see a little check mark overlayed on the breakpoint icon? Or is it just a blue circle?

Once you supply more information, we can look further into this.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Eisenberg View Post
      When you add a breakpoint and run your program, do you see a little check mark overlayed on the breakpoint icon? Or is it just a blue circle?
      Thank for your reply. Yes, i saw a little check mark overlayed on the breakpoint icon. During or after the update, looks like it defaulted to "Skip All". It started working after removing it.

Comment

I am having same problem

Hi,

I am having same problem. Little blue circle appears no checkmark.

see attached bug report for details

Originally posted by Andrew Eisenberg View Post
        Can you be a little more specific? We are not aware of any regressions in debug support, but it is true that you may have uncovered a bug.

In particular:

Which debugging feature are you talking about?

What kind of project are you working on?

Can you share a code snippet where you would expect a breakpoint to work, but it isn't?

Once you supply more information, we can look further into this.

Comment

@selement, your grails project is incomplete. It is missing an applicationContext.xml file. It is also missing the sae.StudentList domain class.

Also, to fully figure out what is going on, I will need you to include the .project and .classpath files as well as the .settings/ folder for your project.

Lastly, please be more specific about what you tried and what you expected to see:

1. Where did you set the breakpoint? What file and line number?
          2. How did you launch the application? Run-app? Test-app? From the context menu or from a launch configuration?

Comment

hi, i set the point on any line of code in function fetchspridendata, dgver02composer.groovy. i only see a blue circle no breakpoint is hit and run from ide in groovy or debug view via debug as grails run-app. i will try to attach the files you requested. thnks

applicationContext.xml

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
            <beans xmlns="http://www.springframework.org/schema/beans"
            xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
            xsi:schemaLocation="
            http://www.springframework.org/schema/beans http://www.springframework.org/schema/beans/spring-beans-2.5.xsd">

<bean id="grailsApplication" class="org.codehaus.groovy.grails.commons.GrailsAp plicationFactoryBean">
            <description>Grails application factory bean</description>
            <property name="grailsDescriptor" value="/WEB-INF/grails.xml" />
            <property name="grailsResourceLoader" ref="grailsResourceLoader" />
            </bean>

<bean id="pluginManager" class="org.codehaus.groovy.grails.plugins.GrailsPl uginManagerFactoryBean">
            <description>A bean that manages Grails plugins</description>
            <property name="grailsDescriptor" value="/WEB-INF/grails.xml" />
            <property name="application" ref="grailsApplication" />
            </bean>

<bean id="grailsConfigurator" class="org.codehaus.groovy.grails.commons.spring.G railsRuntimeConfigurator">
            <constructor-arg>
            <ref bean="grailsApplication" />
            </constructor-arg>
            <property name="pluginManager" ref="pluginManager" />
            </bean>

<bean id="grailsResourceLoader" class="org.codehaus.groovy.grails.commons.GrailsRe sourceLoaderFactoryBean">
            <property name="grailsResourceHolder" ref="grailsResourceHolder" />
            </bean>

<bean id="grailsResourceHolder" scope="prototype" class="org.codehaus.groovy.grails.commons.spring.G railsResourceHolder">
            <property name="resources">
            <value>classpath*:**/grails-app/**/*.groovy</value>
            </property>
            </bean>

<bean id="characterEncodingFilter"
            class="org.springframework.web.filter.CharacterEnc odingFilter">
            <property name="encoding">
            <value>utf-8</value>
            </property>
            </bean>
            </beans>
            Last edited by selement; Jun 20th, 2012, 12:04 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X