X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Repairing botched update?

I did an update today from a poor hotel Internet connection and although it appeared to work without error, eclipse isn't working at all after a restart. It looks like this file was only partially downloaded:

Code:
    plugins/org.eclipse.jdt.core_3.6.2.xx-20110520-1500-e36.jar
    Is there a way I can download this file by hand?

I have eclipse set up to update from the STS milestone repositories.

Hey!

The STS update sites are downloadable as an archive, but they don't contain the plugin you are looking for. Its an Eclipse JDT one and I am not sure from where you got that version. It doesn't look like the normal 3.6.2 version and I don't know whether putting a repaired version of that into your plugins folder would solve the problem. In those situations I am always going the safe way of installing a fresh version of my IDE. So I would recommend to setup a new fresh STS install. There is a download of the milestone version 2.7.0.M1, so you "just" need to install additional things you would like to have in addition to standard STS.

-Martin

Comment

This is part of Greclipse not Eclipse. It is the JDT patch that greclipse has to patch up various JDT bits and pieces to provide hooks in them for the Groovy stuff to work 'seemlessly' together with the Java compiler.

You could try reinstalling Greclipse from the Greclipse update site. Or I think you can also find zipped archives of the update sites here:

http://ci.repository.codehaus.org/gr...pshot/e36/old/

You should be able to download the zipped site corresponding to the correct version and find the jar you need in there.

Kris

Comment

Working...
      X