Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Activity Monitor Job has encountered a problem" errors

Hi,

I'm using STS 2.6.0.SR1 on Mac 10.6.6. I am getting these errors periodically popping up ("Activity Monitor Job has encountered a problem") ...

http://screencast.com/t/g3LdmJLNqnE

There is no pattern to when these pop up, only that I always have to click OK to make them go away. Do you know how I can permanently make them go away? Thanks, - Dave

Hi!

Can you take a look at the Error log to see the details (and possibly a stack trace) of the exception behind this message? Posting the stack trace would be good to see where the real problem comes from.

Thanks!
    -Martin

Comment

Where is the error log located? - Dave

Comment

Open the view called "Error Log", there you should find some details for that error message.
        Thanks!!!

Cheers,
        -Martin

Comment

Here are the results ...

Severity: Error
          Message: An internal error occurred during: "Activity Monitor Job".
          Stack Trace:
          Code:
          java.lang.NullPointerException
          at org.eclipse.mylyn.internal.tasks.ui.TaskListSynchronizationScheduler.cancel(TaskListSynchronizationScheduler.java:107)
          at org.eclipse.mylyn.internal.tasks.ui.TaskListSynchronizationScheduler.userAttentionGained(TaskListSynchronizationScheduler.java:155)
          at org.eclipse.mylyn.internal.monitor.ui.ActivityContextManager.fireActive(ActivityContextManager.java:222)
          at org.eclipse.mylyn.internal.monitor.ui.ActivityContextManager.access$2(ActivityContextManager.java:220)
          at org.eclipse.mylyn.internal.monitor.ui.ActivityContextManager$2.active(ActivityContextManager.java:92)
          at org.eclipse.mylyn.internal.monitor.ui.CheckActivityJob.run(CheckActivityJob.java:101)
          at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:54)
          - Dave

Comment

Hey Dave!

Thanks for finding the stack trace here. We will look into this!
            https://issuetracker.springsource.com/browse/STS-1781

Cheers,
            -Martin

Comment

Working...
            X