X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• STS just hangs on Updating Maven Dependencies

STS 2.6.1 and STS 2.70 just hang when I open up a Workspace with Maven projects in it. Also if I start a clean workspace and do a Spring Roo project again it just hangs on updating the dependencies for Maven.

I'm using Win7 64 Bit with Java 1.6

Anyone else having this issue?

I'm hung up too!

Using STS 2.6.1 and JDK 1.6 as well. I tried 'Cancel', reboot, etc. and I'm stuck too. Any resolution?

Comment

Hi!

Could you both try to capture some thread dumps from your running STS while it hangs and attach them here? That would help me a lot to find the cause of the problem.
      Run jps to get a list of all java processes running on your system. And then jstack on the specific process to print the stack.

Thanks!
      -Martin

Comment

Same thing

I checked out a maven project that uses an older version of roo - Roo 1.1.1.RELEASE. STS is stuck on "Updating maven dependencies". I use STS 2.6.1 Release. I tried closing the project but the project doesn't close unless I do a force quit on STS.

Comment

Originally posted by dpaily View Post
          I checked out a maven project that uses an older version of roo - Roo 1.1.1.RELEASE. STS is stuck on "Updating maven dependencies". I use STS 2.6.1 Release. I tried closing the project but the project doesn't close unless I do a force quit on STS.

Mine does the exact same thing when I try to close it. It just hangs and I have to kill the process manually.

Comment

Hey!

Would be great if you could capture a thread dump while STS is hanging and attach that here.
            Thanks!!!

-Martin

Comment

I couldn't cut and paste the whole stack on here so I put it up on Pastebin

http://pastebin.com/GFNrV3QC

Comment

I don't have the same issue running on Win7 + JDK (32bit) version only on Win7 + JDK (64 bit version)

Comment

I looked at the thread dumps and see a lot of AsyncHttp stuff going on (or better said, waiting some something), which clearly seems like a m2e issue. I just wonder why you are not seeing this when running on the 32bit JVM on Windows...

I will try to see what is going on and created this JIRA issue to track this:
                  https://issuetracker.springsource.com/browse/STS-1779

Are the other people reporting this also observe this different behavior between 64bit an 32bit Windows JVMs?

Thanks for the thread dump!
                  -Martin

Comment

I'm using STS 2.6.1 SR1 on Ubuntu 11.04 and I have a same problem. My eclipse is behind proxy and I set the proxy server on ~/.m2/settings.xml but eclipse always hang and I cound't run any sample project which is made by STS Roo.

Comment

Hey!

Did you setup your proxy settings within Eclipse/STS as well?

-Martin

Comment

This looks like it may be a bug I reported to the m2e team.

Comment

Same problem here on a Mac. I cannot use Roo with STS 2.6 or 2.7.
                          My old 2.5 with Roo 1.1.1 still works.

Thus, it is not a platform (Win, Linux, Mac) problem...

Comment

We are working on replacing the old m2e addition with the new 1.0 one for STS 2.8. Hopefully that will solve this issue here.

Cheers,
                            -Martin

Comment

Just installed 2.8.0.M1 and problem remains. Looks like the POMs are invalid in the repository on sourceforge, for hibernate, log4j, etc. STS m2e copies the pom.xml and renames it as the jar. Plus the console output for Maven actions no longer works so troubleshooting is a bear, Maven debug option does not work either. Ugh!

I guess we'll have to manually download the jars and put them in the repository, or stop using Maven.

Can we use another repository than sourceforge to pull from, to see if it really is the poms?

Comment

Working...
                              X