Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• STS 2.7.0.M1 released

Dear Spring Community,

I'm pleased to announce that we just released the first milestone build for the next release of the SpringSource Tool Suite (STS).

Appearing shortly after the 2.6.1 maintenance release, this milestone brings mostly new features for Groovy&Grails developers, including:
    • Groovy 1.8 support
    • Conditional breakpoints for Groovy
    • Search inside GSPs
    • Early access Gradle support

More details can be found in the New and Noteworthy for 2.7.0.M1 document. Detailed installation instructions are also available, please look at the installation from the milestone update sites.

As always downloads are available from the STS download page, check "Other Downloads".

The second milestone build is planned for mid of June, followed by the release at the beginning of July.

Regards,
    Martin

The "Updates" section in STS's Dashboard says "It its recommended to update as soon as possible". I don't think it should be presented like that since it's only a milestone, not a final release.

Comment

Yep, mine says that as well, but the "Find Updates" button doesn't find any updates.

Is this because 2.7.0.M1 is a milestone, or because its a different "version" (i.e. 2.7.x instead of 2.6.x) to 2.6.1?

Comment

Originally posted by dserodio View Post
        The "Updates" section in STS's Dashboard says "It its recommended to update as soon as possible". I don't think it should be presented like that since it's only a milestone, not a final release.
        Yes, you are absolutely right. I fixed this in the description of the news item. It now also points to the correct New & Noteworthy document for 2.7.0.M1.
        Thanks for pointing me at this!

Cheers,
        -Martin

Comment

Originally posted by DaveyS View Post
          Yep, mine says that as well, but the "Find Updates" button doesn't find any updates.

Is this because 2.7.0.M1 is a milestone, or because its a different "version" (i.e. 2.7.x instead of 2.6.x) to 2.6.1?
          If you have a release of STS installed, then "Find Updates" shows only new release versions. If you wanna update from a release to the latest milestone version, you can disable the release update site and add the milestone update sites of STS (Preferences -> Install/Update -> Available Update Sites).

HTH,
          Martin

Comment

Working...
          X