Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
How to configure another tomcat-server in STS to run grails application? - URGENT Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to configure another tomcat-server in STS to run grails application? - URGENT

Hi all,
    I successfully installed STS in both Ubuntu and Xp. I can able to run my application using the default server "SpringSource tc Server Developer Edition v2.1". But i want to run my applications using "Apache Tomcat 7.0"(Installed in C:/Program Files/Apache Software Foundation/Tomcat 7.0), So I added Tomcat 7 server from "Window->Show View->Servers" tab then i 'Right Click' on
    "My application-> Run As->Run on Server->" there i could only see "SpringSource tc Server Developer Edition v2.1". I cannot figure out how to configure my grails application to run on external tomcat. I think if i want to run my application other than sts server i need some dependency jars. But before that how to configure grails application with other external server?

Please Help Me.....:

Hi Chandrup,

You should be able to manually deploy your app to a Server like tomcat. However the STS "GUI" "Run as >> Run on Server" functionality to deploy from within STS directly to the server only works for Tc Server and CloudFoundry.

The manual process is as follows:
    - first build a war file using the Grails "war" command. You can run it in STS by using the command prompy (in the "Grails Tools" context menu).

Then you have to copy the war file to the server's deployment directory. Where that is depends on where and how you've installed the server.

Then you start the server. You can do this inside of STS by clicking the "start" button in the servers view.

If you did all of this correctly then the server should detect your war file and unpack and start serving the contents of the war file.

I don't think you need extra jars.

Comment

Thanks Kris De Volder

Hi Kris De Volder,
      Thanks for your kind reply.

Chandru P

Comment

Working...
      X