Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• STS2.6+Ubuntu11.04 Menu Display incomplete

Hi All,

STS2.6 , Ubuntu11.04+Unity3D
    STS2.6 Cann't show all menus in global menu area ,only show "Window" Menu Item.

bug or conflict?

thanks.

Hi!

Did you try to reinstall STS? Maybe the installation went wrong. If that produces the same results, can you attach a screenshot so that we can take a look what is going on?

Thanks!
    -Martin

Comment

Hi!
      Have the same problem (but have "Edit" and "Navigate" menu items). Absolutely clean and fresh Ubuntu 11.04, STS 2.6.0.SR1
      Screenshot is attached

Thanks!

Comment

This issue on launchpad.net might provide some insight. There are a few workarounds posted on the bug. I am currently able to workaround this using a bash script:

Code:
        #!/bin/bash
        export UBUNTU_MENUPROXY=0
        /some/path/here/springsource/sts-2.6.0.SR1/STS
        Note: This disables the global menu and places it within the window itself. So it is not ideal, but it works.

HTH,

Comment

Thanks a lot, rwinch!
          Not a big trouble to haven't global menu, but I have full menu in STS! )))

Comment

Thanks a lot, rwinch! good man

Comment

Thanks, it works.

Comment

There is a better workaround than changing the Ubuntu settings, you can just Window -> Reset Perspectives and the menu will function.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad Murray View Post
                  There is a better workaround than changing the Ubuntu settings, you can just Window -> Reset Perspectives and the menu will function.
                  That is an alternative solution listed on the link I provided. Personally I did not find this solution as appealing because it had to be done every time I started STS up. Additionally, I like the customizations to my perspectives, so reseting the perspective was not something I wanted to do. To each their own I suppose.

Comment

Thanks a lot for the link and also for the explanation

Comment

Working...
                    X