Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring STS Extension point ?

Hello

How can I use Spring STS from my own Eclipse plugin code ?

Here is exactly what I want to do :

1) Retreveing bean information from a bean name and browsing bean details...

2) Navigating from my own editor to the Spring bean view

Can you please help me ?

Maxime
    www.jspresso.org

Hi Maxime!

I guess that all you need here is part of the open-source Spring IDE part of STS. So I would recommend to take a look at the code of the org.springframework.ide.eclipse.beans.core bundle and start with asking BeansCorePlugin for the beans model.

HTH,
    Martin

Comment

Hi

Thank you for your help... I can now browse the beans configurations.

I have one important issue: I have thread locks !
      I have implemented a background task (a compilation participant extension) that is updating the SpringConfiguration whenever the classpath changes...
      If, in the same time, you're editing a Jspresso file and if you try to activate some spring bean hyperlink... both thread became locked !

I think the problem comes from org.springframework.ide.eclipse.beans.core.interna l.model.BeansBeansModel#getConfigs...

Can I do something in my side ? Is it a spring IDE issue ?
      Maxime
      Last edited by maxime.hamm; May 1st, 2011, 08:56 AM.

Comment

Hey Maxine!

Sorry for the late answer. Are you still experiencing this problem or did you solve this in the meantime?
        If there is anything I can help with, let me know.

Cheers,
        -Martin

Comment

Still need some help please !

Hi

I go thru SpringIDE 2.7.0 (from http://dist.springsource.com/milesto...LS/update/e3.6)... now the thread lock issue is resolved... but my problem is not yet solved !

Let me explain : when a Jspresso project is opened (or just after Eclipse startup if the project was previously opened) I need to scan all project's spring configuration to build a "registry" of all existant beans... the problem is that most of time some Spring configuration are not "initialized" (the method BeansConfig.isInitialized() returns false)... this cause my registry to be corrupted !!

How can I force a beansConfig to be initialized ? How can I listen on some "BeansConfig just initialized" event ?

Please help me !

Regards,
          Maxime

Comment

Hey!

I think you can implement this by adding (and removing) an IModelChangeListener to the IBeansModel that you can get from SpringCore. Once registered, you should be called when the model changes.

HTH,
            Martin

Comment

Hi Martin,
              It seems that some times configurations are not "initialized"... and no event are raised... refreshing the project didn't solve the problem... only rebuilding it solve it...
              How to manage this ?
              Please help !
              Maxime
              Last edited by maxime.hamm; Jun 8th, 2011, 01:38 PM.

Comment

Hey Maxime!

Sorry for not coming back to you earlier. Did you find a solution for your issue in the meantime? Let me know if you need any further help.

Cheers,
                -Martin

Comment

Working...
                X