Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grails project in STS has error, but which file?

When I attempt to run the Grails project I am working on I get a message saying "Errors exist in required project(s)...". The icon next to the project in the project explorer has a red '!' in the lower left of the icon. However, within the project I cannot find any parent folder with any marking that suggests there is an error in one of its children files. I've not encountered a problem with running the app, if I proceed anyways. Is there another way to find out where STS thinks the error is so I can attempt to resolve it?

If it helps, this unknown error started occurring with the "fun" I was having with deleting a plug-in within this project. I am on build 201103161000 of Version 2.6.0.RELEASE which was an attempt to resolve the deleting plug-in issue. Perhaps updating to the latest build would help? I'll wait for confirmation or other suggestions first before I do that.

Thanks for any help.

Hi there,

Apologies for the long time before replying. The long weekend has made your question slip through the cracks.

There are some things that you can do...
    1. Try a refresh dependencies, and then a clean build just to make sure.
    2. Open the Problem view...do you see any more details about the problem? Also, right click on the problem in the problems view and select "Properties". There may be some more information there.
    3. Right click on the project -> Build Path -> Configure Build Path... You may see some more information about the build path problems.
    4. Open the Error log...do you see any relevant log entries?
    5. Does your project perhaps rely on any in place plugins that have not be imported into STS?

If nothing here sheds any light on the problem, then there are some more things we can check.

Comment

I got to stop on suggestion 1. Refreshing the dependencies seems to have cleared out the error. I guess STS was getting confused with the troubles I was having removing the plug-in.

All is well now. Thanks again Andrew!
      --Christian

Comment

Working...
      X