X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Partial Deployment to Spring TC test server

I am trying to use the Spring Tools Suite to build and test a Spring MVC application with a lot of components retrieved via Maven. I was building the components individually and verifying that they would work. When I added the HibernateSessionFactory bean, I kept getting a class not found for org.springframework.orm.hibernate3.LocalSessionFac toryBean. I verified that it was in the class path, at least in the project. When I checked the lib on the deployed project though, the Spring orm jar file was missing. I copied it in, but then it was not able to find the hbm files in the other included jars.

For some reason, the run as, run on server does not deploy all of the jar files. Apparently the build does include them in the generated war file. I am using Version 2.6.0.RELEASE of SpringSource Tools Suite. Is this a known bug and is there a fix for it??? The only workaround seems to be to manually deploy war file to server instance, negating the convenience of the run on/ debug on server.

Ray Hooker

I should clarify that it did not add it to the WAR file either. I am not sure why it would leave out some maven components, since it is copying others to the server and to the WAR.

Comment

Hi Ray!

This sounds like a bug somewhere. I created a JIRA issue for this:
      https://issuetracker.springsource.com/browse/STS-1770

Cheers,
      -Martin

Comment

Working...
      X