X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dependency Management

Hello to all, i decided to use apache maven as my dependency management but i not sure how to use it and i know that i need to write the xml with dependency tag but i need concise approach.

1. Any tutorial on Spring 3.0.5 which guide it by step by step to create a simple hello world web application ? I wonder do the spring documentation in section 15.3 illustrates the annotation functionality rather than define in xml file.
    2. How to import the spring dependency ? I know how to import using tradisional eclipse setting but i prefer using maven.
    3. I have downloaded the spring 3.0.5 distribution but it does not contains the jakarta commons logging api. Is this normal or i need to download externally?

Currently, i using the sts latest edition.

Thanks for advance for any help.
    Last edited by peterwkc; Apr 11th, 2011, 10:16 PM.

Hey!

I would recommend this recorded webinar:
    http://www.springsource.com/webinar/...rce-tool-suite

HTH,
    Martin

Comment

Thanks for your reply.

By the way, what is the differences between spring mvc, roo and wbeflow.

Comment

Spring MVC and Spring Webflow are both open source libraries and/or projects that help you implement web apps. Spring Roo is a tool that helps you building spring apps by scaffolding a lot of things for you, supporting different kind of web apps, including GWT frontends. You can find more information reading the docs from those projects.

HTH,
        Martin

Comment

Working...
        X