Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SAML extension - supported?

Hi all,

I found the spring-security-saml extension in the SpringSource git repo, and it looks pretty recently updated, but the SAML project page is empty: http://static.springsource.org/sprin...aml/index.html

Is this project still in active development? Will it be supported by SpringSource? I'm currently working with it to integrate with Shibboleth2 for a SSO solution for a Spring MVC-based website and supporting web services. I'd like to know that if/when I make patches in the extension, there's a community to contribute them back to.

Thanks!

Rob

Originally posted by robdaemon View Post
    Hi all,

I found the spring-security-saml extension in the SpringSource git repo, and it looks pretty recently updated, but the SAML project page is empty: http://static.springsource.org/sprin...aml/index.html

Is this project still in active development? Will it be supported by SpringSource? I'm currently working with it to integrate with Shibboleth2 for a SSO solution for a Spring MVC-based website and supporting web services. I'd like to know that if/when I make patches in the extension, there's a community to contribute them back to.

Thanks!

Rob
    I was in touch with Vladimir recently and he is still working on the code and keen to move forward with it. He is of course busy with other things too, so things don't always happen as quickly as he'd like. SAML is something that is generally of interest to people and likely to become more so as time goes on, so it's a safe bet that the development will continue. If you have patches or suggestions then I'd suggest you post them in Jira as usual and I'm sure Vladimir will be happy to review them.

We also hope to get an actual release out sometime in the first half of this year, so that people have a clear reference point.

Comment

Any update on this? The last I heard was it would GAed "early this year", but I assume some slippage has occurred.

Comment

Working...
      X