X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IDP and SP metadata refresh

Is it necessary to perform SP and IDP metadata refresh? I read the SP and IDP metadata from 2 files which do not change. How can I configure the Extension not to perform metadata refresh?

Thanks,
    Mark

Hi Mark,

You can use properties minRefreshDelay and maxRefreshDelay on the metadata bean to affect reloading. Full description is available in the JavaDoc. Setting the minRefreshDelay to a high enough value should effectively prevent any reloading.

Vladi

Comment

Hi Vladi,

What I see is minRefreshDelay and maxRefreshDelay properties affect the frequency the following messages appear in the debug log:

Beginning refresh of metadata from ...
      Metadata from ... has not changed since last refresh
      Computing new expiration time for cached metadata from ...
      Next refresh cycle for metadata provider ...

but do not affect the frequency of the message "Executing metadata refresh task" which appears in the debug log every 10 seconds. Setting <property name="refreshCheckInterval" value="-1000"/> for the CachingMetadataManager bean eliminates this message, a positive value changes its frequency.

These properties seem to act independently. Even if I turn off the refresh check timer, I still get the first set of messages periodically.

Mark

Comment

Hi Mark,

It's true that tweaking those values won't completely stop the reloading task. The way I've solved it earlier (to make the extension work with Google App Engine) was to implement my own MetadataProvider by combining classes FilesystemMetadataProvider and AbstractMetadataProvider (the source of both can be found from the OpenSAML website) and implementing method doGetMetadata. Doing so was really easy, but unfortunately I can't find my old sources to send you an example.

Vladi

Comment

Working...
        X