X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new bee trying saml

I am new bee trying to work with saml . We and our partner decided to use single sign on , our partners will be identity provider and we will be the service provider.
    Our application is old, servlet based , our authentication is servlet based and once authnticated we save user information in session and all secured pages check for this session.

Now we as service providers must use saml to authticate when request comes from our partenr app , to accomdate this I will write a new servlet here I want to generate saml request and send it the provider get saml response, this is what I am planning to do , pelae advice me gettting started , using spring saml

will I be able to generate saml request, send to identity provider and get the resposne ?

We have just gone through exactly that szenario. We (finally) got things working quite well.

I recommend you start by making the sample application work with your IdP. After that you can copy most of what was done there to your application. What is a little more difficult is providing both form-login and SAML (depending on customers/users choice). We solved that by creating our own entry point and wrapping the filters that do the login (they are supposed to be in the same "after=" set, so I wrapped them since I don't know the significance of them being in the exact location (or what would happen if I put them somewhere else).

I hope the SAML module will make it into the security namespace at some point, but atm it is not there...

The big question for us is still how to make it work smoothly in the development environment, as SAML only allows for one SP metadataset at the time, and we have to have the hostname in the metadata.

Comment

Hi, I'm happy to see your post ..i'm new to SAML , i'm trying to with SAML and spring security,getting the following error->

[10/6/11 9:20:44:536 EDT] 0000001f ContextLoader E org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoader initWebApplicationContext Context initialization failed
      java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: InputStream cannot be null
      at javax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilder.parse(Unknown Source)

I did post new thread under SAML forum indetail, if you can help me on wts going wrong that wld be gr8.

also can you plz post the example code what you have with SAML and IDP and SP that wld be gr8 help to start with.

looking farward to hear from you soon.

Comment

Nice! I'm to this saml forum, what is it all about? ...Looking for you answer.

Comment

Working...
        X