Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After authorizing, it gets back to authorize page

Hi,

I'm trying to integrate Spring oauth with MapMyFitness API (oauth 1.0). Authorize request page is being displayed so far, but once I click Authorize, call back request goes to the correct service (with oauth_token and oauth_verifier values) but then it turns into a redirect back to the authorize request.

Any advises? I'm following the Tonr example but with the
    Code:
    use10a="false"
    flag due the API version.

Thanks!

Sounds like your client failed to get a token or got a duff one. Some server logs might confirm.

Comment

Hi Dave,

Thanks for your reply. After the Authorize step, logs and Chrome's network trace actually show that there's a request to my controller, including the proper oAuth values. This is an example of my local server's log after the user clicks on Authorize:
      (context/service/events is the mapping for my controller, which contains the OAuthRestTemplate)
      Code:
      [org.springframework.security.web.FilterChainProxy] /context/service/events?oauth_token=f6ca826ad9fb0c15db5568f7cb0e68490521c0f8a&oauth_verifier=5LU4P at position 11 of 12 in additional filter chain; firing Filter: 'OAuthConsumerContextFilter'
      [org.springframework.security.oauth.consumer.filter.OAuthConsumerContextFilter] Storing access tokens in request attribute 'OAUTH_ACCESS_TOKENS'.
      [org.springframework.security.web.FilterChainProxy] /context/service/events?oauth_token=f6ca826ad9fb0c15db5568f7cb0e68490521c0f8a&oauth_verifier=5LU4P at position 12 of 12 in additional filter chain; firing Filter: 'OAuthConsumerProcessingFilter'
      [org.springframework.security.web.util.AntPathRequestMatcher] Checking match of request : '/context/service/events'; against '/context/service/**'
      [org.springframework.security.oauth.consumer.filter.OAuthConsumerContextFilter] Obtaining request token for resource: mapMyFitnessResource
      At the end, it goes to the "Obtaining request token" step again, even when there are valid oauth_token and oauth_verifier values, making the Authorize page appear. It's like tokens are not being related to the services correctly.

I hope you can help me with this, I'm not identifying if is a client problem or a server problem.
      Thanks!

Comment

Could be either. Did the client try to obtain an access token at all? If not then it's definitely a client problem, I guess. If it tried to get an access token and failed it might be either client or server (e.g. a bug in the signing or verification). Maybe if you get some DEBUG logs from both client and server for the duration of the dance it might help?

Comment

Hi Dave,
          Checking at logs, client doesn't get to the 'obtain access token' step, so it is a client problem. So it leads me to the follow dobuts:

- What url should be my callback value? right now, at MapMyFitness admin page I set up as callback URL the URL to the controller that will execute the OAuthRestTemplate call. And it works correctly, since after the user clicks 'Authorize', there's a call to that [localhost]/context/service.html URL with proper oauth_token and oauth_verifier values. After that, no 'Access token' action is performed, but the authorization step is repeated.

- When is the 'Obtain access token' action performed by Spring Oauth Security?

I hope you can help me out. Thank you for taking a time and answer this thread.

Comment

There is (or should be) a client side filter that obtains the token for you (at least that's what I remember about the oauth1 implementation). Perhaps you should study the tonr sample and make sure it matches what you need?

Comment

Working...
            X