Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creating a token for email activation

Hello,

I have an application that acts as both client and provider.
    There's a new requirement that when a user registers, we don't activate the account immediately. Instead, through an external trigger, the application is to send out an email to the user with a link containing a time limited, limited scope access token.

I would have thought it would be trivial, but I can't seem to find any documentation of how to create an access token manually. I'm sure I'm just missing something.

Any help would be appreciated.

Creating an access token is easy (it's an interface with a default implementation). What you need is to make sure the resource server recognizes the token when it is presented by a client, and is able to associate it with an authentication token. If you are using a TokenStore (i.e. you are using DefaultTokenServices), maybe you could just insert a new instance in there?

Comment

Hi Dave,

I saw the createAccessToken(OAuth2Authentication authentication) method in DefaultTokenServices. I'm just not sure how to create the OAuth2Authentication object that I need to pass into it. This is probably due to my limited experience with the library, but I could use a hand.

Comment

Working...
      X