X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring Security OAuth 1.0.5.RELEASE available

Just a quick note to tell everyone that 1.0.5 is out (has been for a couple of weeks actually). It had a some bug fixes for 1.0.3 and 1.0.4, so upgrade if you can, but there's nothing new. The main change to be aware of is that a potential attack is avoided where a bad guy spoofs a client by using a URL with a different host but whose URL starts with the registered URL (the attack is only possible if redirect URIs are formed of only protocol and host name, and also if the bad guy has the client secret).

Could you publish the new version on Maven Central?

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Syer View Post
      Just a quick note to tell everyone that 1.0.5 is out (has been for a couple of weeks actually).
      The maven repo referred to by the project's github page (https://github.com/SpringSource/spri...wiki/downloads) looks way out of date. Not even a 1.0.0 release, just RCs.

Comment

Seems like this is still not available in Maven Central. This renders us unable to upgrade.

Comment

Oops. Technically you could have used the SpringSource repo, so it has been publicly available all this time. I just pushed it to Central too.

Comment

Thank you. Much appreciated. I will look into how I can get our local Nexus instance into using the SpringSource repo reliantly.

Comment

If it took a month for someone to notice, and another month for the fix, should the documentation be updated to reflect that the SpringSource repo is really the one we should use? I'd read the docs on the download page as "Go to Maven central, unless you want snapshots and [other non-release builds]".

But please don't think I'm not grateful that its fixed, and that it even exists! Thanks!
              Last edited by bkuker; Jul 19th, 2013, 08:03 AM.

Comment

I don't know why you would think the SpringSource repo has junk in it. I don't really want to insist that people use it either - Central is really the best place for Spring artifacts. So thanks for the suggestion, but I think we just need to be more disciplined and remember to push to the right repo when there is a release.

Comment

Sorry! I meant "junk" as "other stuff" not "bad stuff".

Comment

What version of OAuth 2.0 currently supported?
                    According to wiki it is draft-31, but the standard has already been approved.
                    When is standard support planned?

Comment

Spring OAuth should meet or be close enough to the approved standard to be used as such (draft 31 was pretty late and the docs obviously need to be updated to reflect the current status). If you find any non-compliant behaviour we are open to patching to get as close as possible to the spec, but as you know it isn't a particularly strict specification and there's no standard test kit or anything, so sometimes there are issues that are open to interpretation.

Comment

Working...
                      X