Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Login persistence for LinkedIn

Dear forum members,

I am new to this forum and posting my first problem with spring I ran into. I'm really glad to have found this forum and hope you guys can help.

We have implemented an OAuth 2.0 transaction with LinkedIn for authentication using the Grails oauth-2.0.1 plugin. When LinkedIn returns an access token, it is received by a controller that tests for the LinkedIn user's unique ID as belonging to a user in our database. If no such user exists, the user is created and forwarded to a settings page for adding additional information about themself. If the user exists, the SpringSecurityService.reauthenticate method is called for the user. While this successfully establishes an Authentication object for the user within the session, it bypasses the filter chain that ordinarily is called in a form-based login. This prevents calling the TokenBasedRememberMeServices that are available when using the login form. We need either a custom authentication provider or some alternate method for calling the relevant remember me service to set a cookie in the user's browser.

Can anyone direct me to things we may want to look at? We will be happy to also find a consultant to work on this problem with. I really appreciate your help!

Many thanks.

Without some knowledge of the SpringSecurityService it's hard to answer that question. It sounds like quite a generic problem, and not one connected with OAuth.

I'm not really much of a Grails user, so someone else will have a better answer for this. You could try on stackoverflow or one of the Grails mailing lists for example.

Comment

Working...
    X