Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• implicit grant types Spring OAuth 2.0

Hi,

Does anybody here has test implicit grant types in Spring OAuth 2.0 ?

From literature i got, the different between authorization_code and implicit grant types that is the authorization_code is used by web application type client whether implicit is use by mobile type client. The mechanism of accepting code and access_token for authorization_code is using callback_url that has been stored before in the database. Why authorization_code use callback_url, because web application type client is using web server and a server must have dedicated IP and so the message that contain code or access_token will be sent successfully to the client. But how about mobile type client, mobile type client use shared IP given by the provider, and the callback_url i assume will not valid when oauth provider sent the code or access_token. So, the mechanisme of accepting code or access_token is redirect to a page that contain information about code or access_token so the client read to it to get an access_token or code. Are what i say is correct?

I have already implement and test client that has authorization_code grant type but not yet client that has implicit grant type.

Regards
    Dimas

The sparklr/tonr sample has a client that works with implicit grants. Implicit grant was really designed more for a script client in a browser than a mobile client per se, but I know that mobile apps often use that grant type (also they often use passwrod grants). If your client app is not in a browser you are correct that the redirect URI is sort of a fiction, since there is probably no need to actually follow the link. But it is important to register a redirect URI to prevent an attacker from using his own value and potentially stealing access tokens.

Comment

Thanks dave for your explanation. So, is there any additional configuration or java code to implement this?

Comment

Nothing additional to the sample, no. It declares an <implicit/> grant type in its <authorization-server/>, and that should be about it (apart from the client registrations actually allowing implicit grants).

Comment

Working...
        X