Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OAuth2RestTemplate in stateless environment

Hi,
    Can someone guide me with OAuth2RestTemplate for "stateless" services?

OAuth2RestTemplate keeps obtained token in OAuth2ClientContext or in ClientTokenServices (in AccessTokenProviderChain) inside itself.
    If I wanna to create oAuth2RestTemplate in runtime (and oauth resource also), what should I do (for redirect resource details)?

Right now I plan to implement ClientTokenServices and use it as singleton. Something, like this:

Code:
    @Autowired
    private ClientTokenServices clientTokenServices;

AuthorizationCodeResourceDetails facebookResource = new AuthorizationCodeResourceDetails();

OAuth2RestTemplate facebookRestTemplate = new OAuth2RestTemplate(facebookResource);
        AccessTokenProviderChain providerChain = new AccessTokenProviderChain(Arrays.<AccessTokenProvider> asList(new AuthorizationCodeAccessTokenProvider(), new ImplicitAccessTokenProvider(),
    	 new ResourceOwnerPasswordAccessTokenProvider(), new ClientCredentialsAccessTokenProvider()));

providerChain.setClientTokenServices(clientTokenServices);

facebookRestTemplate.setAccessTokenProvider(providerChain);

OAuth2AccessToken accessToken = facebookRestTemplate.getAccessToken();
    Is it best practice or I miss something?

And what scope is set for beans, created by <oauth:resource /> and <oauth:rest-template /> tags?

thanks in advance
    Last edited by akorotenko; Mar 20th, 2013, 06:22 AM.

I'm not 100% sure I follow what you need, but if I were you I woudln't create my own AccessTokenProviderChain or OAuth2RestTemplate (I'd use XML configuration, but maybe you don't like that or something?).

<oauth:resource/> is a singeton. <oauth:rest-template/> is effectively scope="session" for authorization_code grants and singleton for client credentials grant (it delegates insternally depending on the grant type).

Comment

Yes... probably OAuth2RestTemplate... just ClientTokenServices produces the same gap with created in runtime restTemplate - infinite loop of redirect requests...

The main problem - I need to create <oauth:resource/> in runtime... Different applications which our server should maintain can use different auth services. I can extend OAuth2RestTemplate and set different oauth:resource, but probably need to synchronize methods (looks bad)
      Environment will work in AWS with no sessions.

And this produces another problem - after redirect from, for instance, Facebook - response can be catched by another node in a cloud. OAuth2RestTemplate from this server doesn't know about previous requests.

I believe in an elegant solution to the problem but so far it has not reached...

Comment

I suppose with a ClientTokenServices you don't need the session, so you could make an OAuth2RestTemplate in request scope and it should work. I still would use Spring to create and inject all dependencies if I were you (makes it much easier to test), but it's entirely up to you.

I can see that request scope might be a sensible option for the XML if there is a client token services available. If you want to contribute some code for that follow the process in the README. Otherwise just open a ticket in JIRA and wait for someone else to do it.

Comment

Working...
        X