Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Access Deined Handler not triggering

Hi,
    I have setup a Resource owner password flow and when I give an incorrect password, my authentication manager throws a BadCredentialException. However, in the ResourceOwnerPasswordTokenGranter, the exception is caught and converted into an InvalidGrantException.

Authentication userAuth = new UsernamePasswordAuthenticationToken(username, password);
    try {
    userAuth = authenticationManager.authenticate(userAuth);
    }
    catch (BadCredentialsException e) {
    // If the username/password are wrong the spec says we should send 400/bad grant
    throw new InvalidGrantException(e.getMessage());
    }

My client gets a json response with error code and error message, but the access denied handler is not invoked.
    <sec:access-denied-handler ref="oauthAccessDeniedHandler" />

<bean id="oauthAccessDeniedHandler" class="org.springframework.security.oauth2.provide r.error.OAuth2AccessDeniedHandler" />

Can you please let me know if that is how the framework is designed? I need to invoke another service that will update the failed counts and I was planning to added that in the access denied handler.

Thanks.

The comment seems to suggest that it is intentional. In any case access denied handlers would not be triggered for authentication errors, in a normal Spring Security filter chain. This one has been explicitly modified to meet the spec and send a 400 response. The InvalidGrantException will be handled by the error handler in the TokenEndpoint.

Comment

Working...
    X