Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For Testing OAuth2.0

Hi Friends,

Any plug-ins or any Tools are available to test the OAuth2.0 with REST Services.I got the mozilla plugin but its not supported for all grant types.

Please if you used any tool please share with me.

This is the mozilla plugin : chrome://restclient/content/restclient.html

Thanks

kiranC
    Last edited by Dave Syer; Dec 16th, 2012, 05:26 AM.

I don't think the mozilla plugin is much good for getting an access token from Spring OAuth2 providers (or any that match the latest specs) because it doesn't seem to send the credentials to the token endpoint in a header. Maybe you got it to work?

Anyway other grant types can be tested with curl pretty easily.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Syer View Post
      I don't think the mozilla plugin is much good for getting an access token from Spring OAuth2 providers (or any that match the latest specs) because it doesn't seem to send the credentials to the token endpoint in a header. Maybe you got it to work?

Anyway other grant types can be tested with curl pretty easily.

Hi Dave,

Thanks for your reply...yes, with curl scripts we can execute, but here we are looking for UI tool to test the OAuth2.0.

With Regards
      kiranC

Comment

Originally posted by kiranC View Post
        Hi Dave,

Thanks for your reply...yes, with curl scripts we can execute, but here we are looking for UI tool to test the OAuth2.0.

With Regards
        kiranC
        Hi Kiran,
        The Examine tool from Stratumsoft comes with a OAuth2 Token GUI tool that can be used to get Access (and optionall Refresh) tokens from OAuth2-based providers (like Google, Twitter, SalesForce, etc) using all the 4 authorization grant mechanisms. It comes with built-in callback endpoints so you can use Authorization Code / Implicit Grant easily without requiring any setup. There is also a quick way to test the access token by using Bearer token authentication to access the protected resources.

If you are interested you can try it out by downloading it from here
        (Examine actually comes with much more WS testing functionality and includes other helpful tools as well - the entire feature list is described here)

This blog article describes how to use this tool with SF and Twitter... hope it helps
        Last edited by mkris; May 20th, 2013, 11:32 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X