Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring Security OAuth 1.0.0.RC2 released

Hi,

#spring #security #oauth 1.0.0.RC2 is released today http://bit.ly/xfE5PM. Download via github or Maven (SpringSource milestone repository).

Highlights:

* Better error responses from the framework endpoints
    * Fixed some issues with validation and enhancement of token contents

Enjoy!

Dave.

Is this the same project

http://mvnrepository.com/artifact/or...ity-oauth/3.19

Which version should I be using?
    When will 1.0 be production ready?

Comment

The codehaus project is a forerunner of this one (i.e. it's very old). 1.0.0 is pretty nearly ready. I know it's been a long time and that the milestones and realease candidiates are already in use in production environments - the main risk of using them is just that you have to make changes to your code when 1.0.0 is out.

Comment

Dave, I don't find any RC2 tag in git repository.

Comment

Should be there now.

Comment

both oAuth1.0 and oAuth2.0 are included in this RC2?

Comment

Yes. They are both in the same build from the root directory.

Comment

Dave, It's about time that I upgrade my sources to use RC2a :-)
                After changing the pom.xml to use RC2a instead of M6, I get errors (I was expecting that though).
                some of them are easy to handle, but for example this one I cannot resolve; I get ClassNotFoundException on
                org.springframework.security.oauth2.provider.filte r.ClientCredentialsTokenEndpointFilter. This class (filter) was in use in M6; I declared this bean in my beans.xml, and directed my custom-filter to its ref:
                <http... <custom-filter ref=ClientCredentialsTokenEndpointFilter... > (as I saw in the tonr2 example ...)

what replaces it now in RC2a?

thanks

Comment

2. In addition, under "client" bean (in the client-side) there is no "resource-details-service-ref" anymore. in the docs I can still see
                  The client element is used to configure the OAuth 2.0 client mechanism. The following attributes can be applied to the client element:

token-services-ref: The reference to the bean that stores tokens on behalf of a user. Default value is an instance of InMemoryOAuth2ClientTokenServices.
                  resource-details-service-ref: The reference to the bean that services the known resource details.
                  what comes instead (if any)?

thanks again (PS I'd love to help and update the docs once I have a working project)

Comment

It's just in a different package (.client not .filter). Shouldn't be in tonr2 at all (it's a client app).

Comment

Originally posted by OhadR View Post
                      2. In addition, under "client" bean (in the client-side) there is no "resource-details-service-ref" anymore.
                      That service wasn't really adding much value. I think the provider-specific features of the filter were extracted out into the OAuth2RestTemplate (and friends).

thanks again (PS I'd love to help and update the docs once I have a working project)
                      That's brilliant. Please use the contributor's agreement form (link in README).

Comment

thanks.

what about the "client"? i guess that the XSD has changed... under "client" bean (in the client-side) there is no "resource-details-service-ref" anymore, yet in the docs I can still see
                        The client element is used to configure the OAuth 2.0 client mechanism. The following attributes can be applied to the client element:

token-services-ref: The reference to the bean that stores tokens on behalf of a user. Default value is an instance of InMemoryOAuth2ClientTokenServices.
                        resource-details-service-ref: The reference to the bean that services the known resource details.
                        what comes instead? redirect-strategy-ref is necessary? how do I bind the "resource" (oauth:resource in the XML) to the "client" (oauth:client)?

Last edited by OhadR; Oct 8th, 2012, 06:40 AM.

Comment

Why would you need to bind a resource to the client filter?

The XSD is the source of truth, not the wiki (but please feel free to update it). The only attribute in <oauth:client/> is redirect-strategy-ref and the XSD inline docs clearly say that it is optional with a default. Just look at tonr2 for a template.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Syer View Post
                            Why would you need to bind a resource to the client filter?

The XSD is the source of truth, not the wiki (but please feel free to update it). The only attribute in <oauth:client/> is redirect-strategy-ref and the XSD inline docs clearly say that it is optional with a default. Just look at tonr2 for a template.
                            I'm asking, because in 1.0.0.M6 the client held map of the "resources". there was a property named "resource-details-service-ref" (it even shown in the "old" docs...). So in RC2a there is no need in this binding?

I've updated the wiki ...

Comment

Originally posted by OhadR View Post
                              So in RC2a there is no need in this binding?
                              I guess not. Like I said, it wasn't adding any value.

I've updated the wiki ...
                              Excellent, thanks!

Comment

Working...
                              X