Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OAuth and OpenID authentication

Hello,

I am new to Spring Security and i have a little dilema:
    Can i implement ,for a web application, an authentication with both OpendID and Oauth?
    I need OpenID to loggin with google, let`s say and Oauth to loggin with Facebook.

If yes, do i need to create two configuration xml files?

Thank you in advance,
    vborcea.

It's entirely up to you how to do authentication - presumably your users will be able to choose whether to use Google or Facebook from links on your home page. There are features in Spring Security (the core project) for OpenID, so probably you need to look at the samples and ask questions in the main forum. This project (Spring Security OAuth) does have support for OAuth clients, so you could probably use that to find out something about the user from Facebook (e.g. see this stuff for an example of a native implementation, not using Facebook: https://github.com/cloudfoundry/uaa/...ity/uaa/openid).

N.B. OAuth is not really an authentication protocol, but that doesn't stop people using it and Facebook promotes the practice, but they also have some proprietary features in "signed requests" (which will not be covered out of the box by Spring Security, but might be in Spring Social).

Comment

Working...
    X