Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SQL for JdkbTokenStore

Hi,

Is there any SQL resource around for creating the table(s) necessary for JdbcTokenStore? I didn't see anything in the jar. I did see another post or two talking about the tables and I suppose I could infer them, but if there is something out there....

Also, I'm wondering when after authentication and actually accessing a resource, what is the "approved" way to gain access to the client entity who is doing the access on the behalf of a user. This would be somewhere in the business logic, not in the security logic.

One reason we want this is we need to find out if the client also has privileges granted earlier to perhaps yet another user or to check some other things about client. Hope this makes sense.

BTW, this is great stuff. A little bit of a mystery the first day or two figuring out the oauth flows and a few Spring subleties, but after that it is working like a champ!. Right now, we are moving from the inmemory stuff that was super convenient for getting this configured, running, and us educated to our own production persistent classes.

Thanks!

Jay Roberts

There is a sample schema.sql in src/test/resouces (no not in the distro jars). It's a lot of overhead to support different flavours of database platform and in this case it's such a simple table it isn't really worth it.

N.B. I'm pretty sure we will be refactoring the DDL soon to make it more friendly for non-Java clients, so you might want to stick with in-memory for a little longer. It's pretty cheap actually - our test setup can easily handle tens of thousands of tokens in memory, probably more but we haven't pushed it.

Comment

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the info. Sounds like for our purposes, according to your description, the in memory implementations will be ok for at least the next 2 months, which is a demo/early alpha phase.

Thanks!

Jay Roberts

Comment

when i run the first query on https://github.com/SpringSource/spri...ces/schema.sql

i get
        • Specified key was too long; max key length is 767 bytes

i'm using mysql 5 with innoDB

Comment

solved (just an issue with mysql and innoDB engine). oh well, not really an issue since it's clearly stated that that is only an HSQL kind of example.

Comment

Working...
          X