Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deploying 1.0.0.M5 in a production environment

Hello,

I am evaluating the use of Spring Security OAuth 1.0.0.M5 for a high-volume project. So far, from what I read, the code base seems to be evolving quite nicely. (Thank you very much for the hard work!) My questions to the forum are:

1. Do you, the code submitters or users, have any concerns about deploying the 1.0.0.M5 build into a production environment?
    2. I am looking to support solely "authorization code" requests. Are there any outstanding issues pertaining to classes that implement this spec feature?
    3. Do the Spring unit tests perform any type of load-testing for high-volume traffic?
    4. Any other gotchas I should be mindful of?

Thank you very much!

-Frank

Thanks for the positive feedback. We are getting close to a stable codebase, but M5 was still alittle way off where we need to be.

1. I always have reservations about deploying pre-production code into production. Historically, I have to say that doesn't seem to stop people doing it. The bottom line is that it is work in progress, and upgrading to a full release might require some effort. If you are prepared to exert the effort, then fine.

2. Probably. No major problems I know of, but I doubt it will be completely static until the final release.

3. No, we don't do any load testing. If you do any and find issues I hope you will give us some feedback. A user recently found some performance issues at high volume and fixed it. That is a good model for an open source project.

Comment

Working...
    X