Move Remove Collapse
Conversation Detail Module
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unable to build latest master with maven 3

Hey guys,
    I've tried to build with no joy several times now from the latest master branch. I'm using maven 3.0.3. Here is the output from my build.

~/development/spring-security-oauth/spring-security-oauth2$ mvn install -P bootstrap
    [INFO] Scanning for projects...
    [WARNING] Some problems were encountered while building the effective model for
    [WARNING] 'build.plugins.plugin.version' for org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-eclipse-plugin is missing. @, /home/toddnine/development/spring-security-oauth/pom.xml, line 153, column 21
    [WARNING] 'reporting.plugins.plugin.version' for org.codehaus.mojo:jdepend-maven-plugin is missing. @, /home/toddnine/development/spring-security-oauth/pom.xml, line 253, column 21
    [WARNING] 'reporting.plugins.plugin.version' for org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-jxr-plugin is missing. @, /home/toddnine/development/spring-security-oauth/pom.xml, line 288, column 21
    [WARNING] It is highly recommended to fix these problems because they threaten the stability of your build.
    [WARNING] For this reason, future Maven versions might no longer support building such malformed projects.
    [INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    [INFO] Building OAuth2 for Spring Security 1.0.0.BUILD-SNAPSHOT
    [WARNING] The POM for com.springsource.bundlor:com.springsource.bundlor.maven:jar:1.0.0.RELEASE is missing, no dependency information available
    [INFO] Total time: 0.343s
    [INFO] Finished at: Tue Dec 20 12:15:22 NZDT 2011
    [INFO] Final Memory: 3M/119M
    [WARNING] The requested profile "bootstrap" could not be activated because it does not exist.
    [ERROR] Plugin com.springsource.bundlor:com.springsource.bundlor.maven:1.0.0.RELEASE or one of its dependencies could not be resolved: Failed to read artifact descriptor for com.springsource.bundlor:com.springsource.bundlor.maven:jar:1.0.0.RELEASE: Failure to find com.springsource.bundlor:com.springsource.bundlor.maven:pom:1.0.0.RELEASE in was cached in the local repository, resolution will not be reattempted until the update interval of repo has elapsed or updates are forced -> [Help 1]
    [ERROR] To see the full stack trace of the errors, re-run Maven with the -e switch.
    [ERROR] Re-run Maven using the -X switch to enable full debug logging.
    [ERROR] For more information about the errors and possible solutions, please read the following articles:
    [ERROR] [Help 1]
    Any ideas how I can resolve this? I obviously need the bundlor plugin, but it's turned into finding a needle in a haystack. The pluginRepository in the pom matches the documentation here

except the plugin doesn't seem to be there....

I'm happy to contribute the fix to the pom.xml and update the README.

Last edited by tnine; Dec 19th, 2011, 05:23 PM.

I don't use Maven 3, and the build instructions clearly state that 2.2 is required, but I'm happy to accept a patch. You probably just need to add the SpringSource EBR repository to the plugin repositories. I think someone already did it with Spring Batch.