Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Android app communicate with Sparklr using OAuth

Hey guys

So I need to make my own OAuth provider on which clients apps need to be able to connect.

At the moment I'm using the Sparklr2 and Tonr2 web applications because I find most documentation about them. (I don't understand why there is so few documentation about 'how to make an OAuth provider', most is about the clients).

Anyway besides a client web application I also need android applications to be able to connect with the provider. I've set up sparklr and tonr, read through al the sources and they work fine. Had an other copy played a bit with the source code so that I can fully understand how it all works. But I got problems when I try to connect to my provider using my android app.

I'm trying to connect to the standard sparklr2 application, not the version I screwed around with. Just to make that clear.

I'm using to Scribe (https://github.com/fernandezpablo85/...etting-started) to try to pull this off. However everytime I try to get a request_token I get the following error:

Code:
    The request sent by the client was syntactically incorrect ().
    Since Tonr has no problem connecting to sparklr I gues it's the android application. As I can make up out of the error the way the android app's tries to request the token is incorrect.
    I used the same libraries to connect to twitter, I changed the url's and credentials and now I can't even get a token :s

Has anyone any experience with android and sparklr? Maybe I should use other libraries or change something in sparklr?

I know twitter provides OAuth1.0a endpoints, but I wasn't aware it provided OAuth2 endpoints as well. Maybe your Android client is using the wrong protocol? It might be a good idea to compare the request headers sent by tonr2 and your native client.

Comment

Working...
    X