X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error finding filterChains bean

I'm getting this error when I add <oauth:client/> to my config file. Struggling to figure out why or where to even begin troubleshooting.

Code:
    16:23:24,934 ERROR [[/suite]] Exception sending context initialized event to listener instance of class org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoaderListener
    org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanDefinitionStoreException: Unexpected exception parsing XML document from ServletContext resource [/WEB-INF/conf/security/spring-security-08-oauth.xml]; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.
    NoSuchBeanDefinitionException: No bean named org.springframework.security.filterChains' is defined

What version of the library are you using? What version of spring security? Can you post the full stacktrace?

Comment

Spring Security - 3.1.0.M1
      Spring Security OAuth - 1.0.0.BUILD-SNAPSHOT with the lastest master branch code

Full stacktrace is attached.

Comment

Looks like you don't have a filter chain defined. SSOAuth needs a filter chain to injects itself into. Are you using the standard <http> element in the spring security namespace configuration?

Comment

Yes, I am using <http> element.

I swapped out the Spring Security 3.1.0.M1 jars for RC2 jars and the NoSuchBeanDefinition exception went away. However, I ended up with an exception that the OAuth 2 context had not been set the first time I tried to access a protected resource.

Comment

Hmm... they must have changed the bean name between M1 and M2.

You might be able to get around that by using aliasing the M1 name to the M2 name.

Comment

Looking at the Spring Security source - it looks like the BeanIds.FILTER_CHAINS used here wasn't introduced until RC2.

Comment

Does an alias work?

Code:
                <beans:alias name="name_of_filter_change_in_rc1" alias="org.springframework.security.filterChains"/>

Comment

From what I can tell - there wasn't one from M1 to RC1 so, I don't even know what I would alias to.

Comment

My issues with not finding the filterChains bean have gone away since changing to RC2 but, I'm getting this message "No OAuth 2 security context has been established." the first time I try to use a RestTemplate. I was expecting it to kick me out to the Facebook login instead.

I thought adding <oauth:client/> would be enough but that doesn't seem to be the case. Am I missing something else?

Comment

Working...
                    X