X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ldap Spring security authenticate on multiple values

Is it possible to authenticate based on uid and AD groups to define a user's role(s)?

If so, can you please provide some guidance on what is required?

Thanks

bump -- does anyone know if this is possible?

Comment

Hi!

I guess I am not really sure what you mean, since you're talking about two different concepts. Authentication deals with user identification (is the user identifiable as a valid user). Authorization deals with user roles (what does the user have access to). These are handled by two separate concerns using any type of security provider. Can you provide a specific example of what you are trying to do? The standard Spr Sec LDAP classes do support flexible methods of authentication (finding the user in LDAP / Active Directory) and authorization (figuring out what groups they belong to), but you can always extend the standard classes to do what you need, if you want.

Thanks!
      Peter

Comment

Peter, thanks for the response.

What I'm trying to do is authenticate a user using the Spring 3 Kerberos extension and then grant them authorization based on Ldap groups / principal names.

I would like to define which principal names / Ldap groups get which particular role within the <security:user-service> section of the context.xml.

Any guidance you (or anyone) can provide would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again for your help.

Comment

Working...
        X