X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• noob needing help

I'm new to spring and I'm trying to get to grips with spring security so that I can make some changes to authentication JasperServer. JS uses spring security 2.0.5 so I downloaded the tutorial project (spring-security-samples-tutorial-2.0.5.RELEASE.war) and deployed it to tomcat. When I try to run it I get the following error:

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.springframework.security.taglibs.authz.Authori zeTag.setUrl(Ljava/lang/StringV
    at org.apache.jsp.index_jsp._jspx_meth_sec_005fauthor ize_005f0(index_jsp.java:109)
    at org.apache.jsp.index_jsp._jspService(index_jsp.jav a:73)
    at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(Http JspBase.java:70)
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet .java:717)
    at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.servic e(JspServletWrapper.java:386)
    at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFil e(JspServlet.java:313)
    at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspSe rvlet.java:260)
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet .java:717)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.in ternalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:290)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.do Filter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
    at org.springframework.security.util.FilterChainProxy $VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java :378)
    at org.springframework.security.intercept.web.FilterS ecurityInterceptor.invoke(FilterSecurityIntercepto r.java:109)
    at org.springframework.security.intercept.web.FilterS ecurityInterceptor.doFilter(FilterSecurityIntercep tor.java:83)
    at org.springframework.security.util.FilterChainProxy $VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java :390)
    at org.springframework.security.ui.SessionFixationPro tectionFilter.doFilterHttp(SessionFixationProtecti onFilter.java:52)
    at org.springframework.security.ui.SpringSecurityFilt er.doFilter(SpringSecurityFilter.java:53)
    at org.springframework.security.util.FilterChainProxy $VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java :390)
    at org.springframework.security.ui.ExceptionTranslati onFilter.doFilterHttp(ExceptionTranslationFilter.j ava:101)
    at org.springframework.security.ui.SpringSecurityFilt er.doFilter(SpringSecurityFilter.java:53)
    at org.springframework.security.providers.anonymous.A nonymousProcessingFilter.doFilterHttp(AnonymousPro cessingFilter.java:105)
    at org.springframework.security.ui.rememberme.Remembe rMeProcessingFilter.doFilterHttp(RememberMeProcess ingFilter.java:109)
    at org.springframework.security.wrapper.SecurityConte xtHolderAwareRequestFilter.doFilterHttp(SecurityCo ntextHolderAwareRequestFilter.java:91)
    at org.springframework.security.ui.basicauth.BasicPro cessingFilter.doFilterHttp(BasicProcessingFilter.j ava:174)
    at org.springframework.security.ui.webapp.DefaultLogi nPageGeneratingFilter.doFilterHttp(DefaultLoginPag eGeneratingFilter.java:86)
    at org.springframework.security.ui.AbstractProcessing Filter.doFilterHttp(AbstractProcessingFilter.java: 278)
    at org.springframework.security.ui.logout.LogoutFilte r.doFilterHttp(LogoutFilter.java:89)
    at org.springframework.security.context.HttpSessionCo ntextIntegrationFilter.doFilterHttp(HttpSessionCon textIntegrationFilter.java:235)
    at org.springframework.security.util.FilterChainProxy .doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:175)
    at org.springframework.web.filter.DelegatingFilterPro xy.invokeDelegate(DelegatingFilterProxy.java:183)
    at org.springframework.web.filter.DelegatingFilterPro xy.doFilter(DelegatingFilterProxy.java:138)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.in ternalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.do Filter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invo ke(StandardWrapperValve.java:233)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invo ke(StandardContextValve.java:191)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke( StandardHostValve.java:127)
    at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke (ErrorReportValve.java:102)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invok e(StandardEngineValve.java:109)
    at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.servic e(CoyoteAdapter.java:298)
    at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(H ttp11Processor.java:859)
    at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11Conn ectionHandler.process(Http11Protocol.java:588)
    at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Worker.run( JIoEndpoint.java:489)

Spring-security-taglibs-2.0.5.RELEASE.jar is in the classpath.
    Any ideas what the problem is?

It doesn't look like the unedited tutorial sample from 2.0.5...

My guess would be that you've changed the index.jsp file to add an "authorize" tag, using the "url" attribute which isn't supported in 2.0.x.

Comment

Ah thanks Luke. That reminded me that I tried the 3.0 version first and I didn't remove the tomcat work files.

Problem solved.

Comment

Working...
      X