Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Decrypting password

Hello,

I have an application covered Spring Security.
    Is there any way to decrypt password encrypted via Spring Security?

Thanks

What algorithm are you using to encrypt the passwords? It depends on the algorithm, but if you are using a recommended one (SHA etc) it will probably not be possible to decrypt (without a lot of computing power, anyway)

Comment

Hello Peter,

i use md5 and there are some website decrypting md5 but they do not help.

Thanks.

Comment

If it's a hash then you're really not supposed to be able to decrypt it, computationally infeasible. You can use something like rainbow hash cracking but if it's salted then you're out of luck.

Comment

Can you describe why you need to decrypt an encrypted password? What problem are you trying to solve?

Comment

Hello friends,

I wonder and only want to learn it as general information. Also, my application is used by the customers. They can sometimes forget their passwords and they need to change their passwords but that is already safe way.

Thanks for the information that you gave

Comment

That's the reason I asked Actually, any application that can send me my unencrypted password is most assuredly storing it in an insecure manner. Instead of sending users their passwords, provide them with a way to reset their password, using a link in an email and a one-time nonce. Just a suggestion!

Comment

Working...
              X