Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Status of Portlet 2.0 and Spring Security 3.X

Hello,

Based on an earlier thread, it looks like support for the portal API has been moved out of the main distribution. Is this recognized as an official "Spring Security Extendsion"? Looking here, I only see:

◦Spring Security Kerberos Extension
    ◦Spring Security SAML Extension

Also, it looks like the code has been moved here (SVN). When I hit that URL, it asks for a username/password. I don't have credentials that work. Is there anothe place I can view the source code?

Lastly, is anyone actively working to update the codebase to support the Portlet 2.0 API or is this just a copy of the 2.x codebase?

Thanks,

Joshua

The extension code is all in git these days.

You'll find the portlet integration code there, but it has not been actively maintained.

Comment

Opportunity to change that?

Luke,

Thanks for the update. Is there an opportunity to update this code? It might be a bit of work as I don't think Spring has any support built in for Portlet filters.

-Joshua

Comment

Luke,

Just wanted to poke at this again. You mentioned in another thread that the portlet support may be dropped in the future. Is there any way to gauge how much interest there would be in updating the old portlet code? I'd volunteer to take a stab at it, but If there is no interest, I won't bother.

-Joshua

Comment

Luke,

Can you also let me know where this code is on GitHub? I may be mistaken, but I looked under the "SpringSource" user (https://github.com/SpringSource) and didn't see it. Can you point me in the right direction?

Thanks,

Joshua

Comment

Working...
          X