Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Implementing common login module for multiple web applications Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Implementing common login module for multiple web applications

Hai all, I have multiple web applications where as i want to authendication only once like sso (but i don't want to use CAS sso). Can any one of them provide the details about hw to use common authendication for multiple webapplication (w/o CAS sso) using spring security or how to create the common custom authendication like sso with spring security.

Please reply me if anybody aware of this.

It seems like you are saying that you want SSO without having to use an SSO system...

Can you explain why you don't want to use CAS?

Comment

Hi Luke Taylor,

Actually we have different modules in our applications, so Each modules are deployed as seperate web application in application server. Where as one set of modules will be for internal portal and another set of modules will be for external (public) portal.

we are using two different ldap to keep the authendication for internal and external.
      That's why, we don't want to use the CAS or build in App Server SSO.

Next thing is that, in the external portal, we have different modules, where as we want to authendicate all the modules with single authendication module.
      and all the internal portal modules have to be authendicated with another common authendication module.

Both the external and internal portal modules will be running on single app server.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

So do you need to be able to SSO between the internal and the external applications? If the do not need single sign on between the two you can create two instances of CAS one pointing at internal ldap and the other pointing at external ldap. If you need to SSO across the two you will need to link the accounts in some way. For example, the first time logging in the user would enter their credentials for both internal and external. Then you would configure CAS to return the information from the internal ldap for apps that rely on it and external for apps that rely on the external ldap configuration.

Comment

I don't want between SSO between internal and external portal.
          Just I want two seperate SSO. Let me try in this way and update. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
          X