X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally, my solution of this was following:

1. I defined an insecured welcome page in Spring Security. Every 30 seconds (timeout of my own) the page checks availability of CAS server in pre-render phase. Either a warning is shown (CAS is down, contact administrator) or the flow continues to the secured page.

2. Then the whole authentication work is done by the CAS authentication handlers rather than Spring Security equivalents. You can follow this link.

I used CAS client's CommonUtils.getResponseFromServer(url, encoding) method for checking of CAS availability.

Vladimir

Comment

Thanks for the reply.

However, as said earlier, this would not met my solution.

I need to check whether CAS is available or not.

If it is present we need to use CAS.

If CAS server is down, I need to use other means of Authentication (AD Authentication).

Let me know if this is possible and how?

thanks in advance.

Comment

Thanks for the reply.

However, as said earlier, this would not met my solution.

I need to check whether CAS is available or not.

If it is present we need to use CAS.

If CAS server is down, I need to use other means of Authentication (AD Authentication).

Let me know if this is possible and how?

thanks in advance.

Comment

As I know, it is possible to have several authentication providers in Spring Security.

But I actually don't know what happens, if one of providers fails due to unavailability of its remote authentication service. I would expect that another provider in order should continue in authentication.

Comment

We can do this by setting the entry point with different fall back url's. However, I am not aware of doing. Do anyone have idea on this.
            Repeating my problem statement - 'When CAS Server is down, I want to make use of LDAP authentication'.

Comment

Working...
            X