X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Check Session on Same IP Address

Is there a way of checking that the session has stayed on the same IP address - to stop someone stealing the cookie and hijacking the session from another IP address?

I know how to put the IP address into the session - during authentication, but I don't know how to put in a hook that checks things during every page request.

You should be able to do this with a simple servlet filter which checks the IP address from the request against the original one.

Comment

Thanks, that would be a simple, obvious solution!

If it fails I guess the answer is to put a redirect to the logout page in the response?

Just out of interest does the 'hook' I mentioned exist in Spring Security - one that calls code when the authentication against the stored session is performed? I assume Spring security rechecks the credentials on each request - or does it just assume that everything is okay if a session with the authority merely exists?

Comment

The user is authenticated once for the session - thereafter the session token is what ties the user to the originally authenticated identity. The credentials aren't checked on each request - the request doesn't typically contain them, so how would they be checked?

Comment

Working...
        X