X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to configure webapp to use custom configuration interface

I have a web application built with JasperReports professional 2.1, which uses Spring Security (formerly ACEGI 1.0.1) for authentication. I have a design goal of a single point of authentication configuration for multiple Java applications, some standalone and some web apps. I think I need to reconfigure the application to use ACEGI to configure JAAS using the interface javax.security.auth.login.Configuration.

I have looked at the Spring Security JAAS samples using a flat file to configure JAAS. Are there any working examples of setting up a web app (JasperReports in my case) to use a custom javax.security.auth.login.Configuration rather than a flat file?

The 3.x branch does not have support for providing your own JAAS Configuration, but the 3.1 branch does. There is also a working JAAS sample application that uses a custom JAAS configuration. Note that there are no plans to move this feature into 3.x, but the code should work in 3.x so you can fork that portion of the code to get this feature.

Comment

Working...
    X