X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring Security usage with Apache CXF JAX-WS-Frontend

Hello I developed a Java-First JAX-WS Webservice using Apache CXF as Webservice Framework which is configured by Spring.
    Now I have to secure the Application.

The application needs fine granular security permissions, so I would like to use Spring Security in combination with method security over annotations.
    Has anyone some experience with securing an Apache CXF 2.3.0 JAX-WS Webservice via Sping Security 3.0.4.

The only examples or documents I've found are using older Versions and doesn't seem to work for my purposes. I searched a lot, but i didn't find an appropriate solution.

Thx for any help.

Hi.. Were you able to integrate spring security and jax-ws based sevices?

Thanks, Kiran

Comment

No I wasn't able to secure it.
      I used the metro framework instead. And I configured the web service security and the client with Netbeans.

Comment

Thanks for the reply.

I needed to use Websphere 7's implementation of JAX-WS. I already have spring security 3 controlled pojo services.. I needed to expose these pojo services as web services.. I am trying to see if I can leverage my spring security configuration to secure these web services.. I will post If I succeed / my findings..

Comment

Re: Spring Security usage with Apache CXF JAX-WS-Frontend

Hello.

Did you ever get this working? I need to do the same thing - take an existing Spring Security 3-secured web and open up a couple methods to be able to use web services. Any help you could give would be much appreciated ...

Thanks,
          Bob

Comment

No Bob, Unfortunately I couldn't. I postponed this feature in our app, but I will need to work on it pretty soon.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
            X