Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Contats sample application - installation fails

Hello!

I am trying to install your sample application on my EAServer 4.2.3.

When I deploy the provided war, all seems ok, but when I install it on the server, I get an exception...

Sep 14 14:20:18 2005: error while reading properties for:'Contacts_Sample_Application'. Error:java.lang.IllegalStateException: No WebApplicationContext found: no ContextLoaderListener registered?
    Sep 14 14:20:18 2005: java.lang.IllegalStateException: No WebApplicationContext found: no ContextLoaderListener registered?
    at org.springframework.web.context.support.WebApplica tionContextUtils.getRequiredWebApplicationContext( WebApplicationContextUtils.java:83)
    at net.sf.acegisecurity.util.FilterToBeanProxy.getCon text(FilterToBeanProxy.java:149)
    at net.sf.acegisecurity.util.FilterToBeanProxy.doInit (FilterToBeanProxy.java:168)
    at net.sf.acegisecurity.util.FilterToBeanProxy.init(F ilterToBeanProxy.java:137)
    at com.sybase.jaguar.servlet.JagFilterConfig.getFilte r(JagFilterConfig.java:164)
    at com.sybase.jaguar.servlet.JagFilterConfig.setFilte rDef(JagFilterConfig.java:225)
    at com.sybase.jaguar.servlet.JagFilterConfig.init(Jag FilterConfig.java:55)
    at com.sybase.jaguar.servlet.JagServletContext.loadFi lterProperties(JagServletContext.java:1755)
    at com.sybase.jaguar.servlet.JagServletContext.loadAl lFilterProperties(JagServletContext.java:1921)
    at com.sybase.jaguar.servlet.JagServletContext.init(J agServletContext.java:381)
    at com.sybase.jaguar.servlet.ServletEngine.loadWebApp lication(ServletEngine.java:1897)
    at com.sybase.jaguar.servlet.ServletEngine.refreshSer vlet(ServletEngine.java:1101)
    at com.sybase.jaguar.servlet.ServletServiceImpl.refre shServlet(ServletServiceImpl.java:292)
    at com.sybase.jaguar.servlet._sk_JaguarServlet_Servle tService.invoke(_sk_JaguarServlet_ServletService.j ava:433)

Sep 14 14:20:18 2005: Failed to load web application Contacts_Sample_Application.servlet.ServletService Impl.refreshServlet(ServletServiceImpl.java:292)

at com.sybase.jaguar.servlet._sk_JaguarServlet_Servle tService.invoke(_sk_JaguarServlet_ServletService.j ava:433)

Can anyone help me, I'm new to Spring and Acegi, I just wanted to have a look at how Acegi worked.

Thanks!

Best regards
    Neil.

Your web.xml seems to be missing entries like:

Code:
    	<context-param>
    		<param-name>contextConfigLocation</param-name>
    		<param-value>
    			/WEB-INF/applicationContext-acegi-security.xml
    			/WEB-INF/applicationContext-common-business.xml
    			/WEB-INF/applicationContext-common-authorization.xml
    		</param-value>
    	</context-param>

<listener>
    		<listener-class>org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoaderListener</listener-class>
    	</listener>

Did you have success with the Contacts Sample (Filter edition)? That's the point most people start from.

Comment

Hi Ben,

I am trying to install the contacts sample Filter edition. Is that not the war that is included in the zip one can download from the website (with the framework)? (acegi-security-sample-contacts-filter.war)

Thanks for your help!
      Neil.

Comment

Originally posted by smithn
        acegi-security-sample-contacts-filter.war
        That's the one. To build any other version of the Contacts Sample it is necessary to download from CVS. Quoting http://acegisecurity.sourceforge.net/downloads.html:

Please note that in order to reduce download size, we only include in the release ZIP one of the WAR artifacts produced by the Contacts Sample application. The WAR artifact we include is suitable for standalone deployment (specifically, it does not require a CAS server or container adapter or X509 setup). The official release ZIP therefore probably contains what you need, especially if you're initially evaluating the project. If you wish to deploy the other WAR artifacts produced by the Contacts Sample application (ie those that target CAS, container adapters and X509 usage), you will need to build Acegi Security from source.

Comment

I don't want to insall any other build... I'm trying to install the provided war and it doesn't work... What can I do?

Thanks
          Neil.

Comment

What's the error?

Comment

It's my first post, do you need any other information?

Comment

Sorry, I didn't see that earlier error.

You might need to edit the web.xml to use ContextLoaderServlet instead of ContextLoaderListener. In this case you will also need to add a "lazy" initialization parameter for FilterToBeanProxy (see JavaDocs for this class for further info).

Comment

Working...
                X