X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deep linking into CAS + acegi secured application

My application needs to properly handle deep links when the user is logged into cas but not the application, but this is not working correctly. I can see where the AbstractProcessingFilter.ACEGI_SECURITY_TARGET_URL _KEY is being set in the session, but on the next request (after cas successfully authenticates,) the session value for that key is null in AbstractProcessingFilter.successfulAuthentication( ...)

Am I missing somethig?

more

Seems the session ID is different for the initial request, and the request to j_acegi_cas_security_check, should these two requests be using the same session?

(btw, I checked that I am not switching domains between the requests )

Comment

Did some more investigation, seems like vanilla cas filtering without Acegi will show the same behavior - ie, sessionid is not the same after logging into cas as it was on the first (unauthenticated) request to the application.

This is a pretty big gotcha. If the session is lost, I can't think of any other ways to preserve the as sending the initially requested url to CAS in the service parameter would require some significant mods to the ServiceProperties#getService() mechanism currently used.

(I also tried putting in a filter before any others that sets a session attribute, then forces a browser refresh by meta tag. I did this in the hopes that the first session was getting dropped beacuse the response was a redirect, but it didn't help.)

Comment

I am not sure this is correct, as I've successfully authenticated to CAS and had the previous pre-authentication HttpSession preserved when I come back into the original application.

Are you using URL-based ;jsessionid perhaps, and thus there is no client-side session cookie to persist the session ID?

Comment

I am not sure this is correct, as I've successfully authenticated to CAS and had the previous pre-authentication HttpSession preserved when I come back into the original application.
          I agree, its a wierd phenom, and it should just work, but it doesn't... at least not in my app. I saw the session changing with Acegi, and also with the cas-client filter (no spring, no acegi.) I thought it might be because the browser sees a redirect instead of a 200, so it misses the cookie, but when I replaced the redirect with a meta tag refresh, same behavior.

] Are you using URL-based ;jsessionid perhaps, and thus there is no client-side session cookie to persist the session ID?
          No I am just using vanilla sessions. I did consider using url rewrite ;jsessionid=whatever as a workaround, but realized I would need extensive code to pass the sessionid to all the way to the TicketValidator, as that needs to send a matching service url.

My current workaround is subclassed CASProcessingFilter and CASProcessingFilterEntryPoint to set and read a cookie with the initial URL, and populate session attribute ACEGI_SECURITY_TARGET_URL_KEY after calling ProcessingFilter.attemptAuthentication(request); Interesting that this works, as it implies no problems with setting cookies... If more info comes to light I'll update this post, for now, the ugly hack is working.

Comment

Same problem

Hi all ,
            I also encountered the same problem , it is only for IE7 though (Firefox2 and Google Chrome works fine) , at least for my machine.

I'm running CAS server 3.3 and Spring security 2.0.4 ...

Any suggestion ?

thanks,
            Owat
            Last edited by sysnajar; Nov 12th, 2008, 04:19 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Working...
            X