Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• newbie question

Hi everyone!
    I am trying to integrate Acegi security into a web application using the Spring framework. The application runs fine initially. If I add a definition for the filterChainProxy in the Spring's applicationContext.xml, the application failed to be deployed properly, i. e., the application is no longer accessible with a Tomcat 404 status. Here is what i have tried to add in the xml file:

<bean id="filterChainProxy" class="net.sf.acegisecurity.util.FilterChainProxy" >
    <property name="filterInvocationDefinitionSource">
    <value>
    CONVERT_URL_TO_LOWERCASE_BEFORE_COMPARISON
    PATTERN_TYPE_APACHE_ANT
    </value>
    </property>
    </bean>

Pls corret me if I'm wrong, I think this piece of code does not depend on any other beans. I am trying to add it just to know if a simple Acegi bean definition would not cause errors. Unfortunately, it does. Can anyone help me out with this problem? Thanks in advance!
    By the way, I have the Acegi 0.8.3

Ann

What is the content of the 404? Tomcat isn't able to find some file. Knowing what that is should help considerably.

Comment

Tomcat reports that the requested resource, which is the web application, is not accessible. If i try to remove the Acegi bean definition, it is accessible. Is there something i'm missing here? Please help.

Comment

My guess would be that there was some problem initializing your webapp's context and that it never deployed. Check the log files.

Comment

i've checked the log file, the application is deployed properly. i wonder why a simple bean definition makes it inaccessible. :?

Comment

pls disregard my previous post. yes, i think, there was a problem in deploying the application. This is what appears in the tomcat log file:

Sep 8, 2005 1:37:46 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext start
            SEVERE: Error listenerStart
            Sep 8, 2005 1:37:46 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext start
            SEVERE: Context startup failed due to previous errors

Comment

Working...
            X