X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• External loginFormUrl with Acegi

I am integrating acegi with an external system, which accepts a login and password, and then redirects the user to j_acegi_securitycheck on our system with a j_username and j_password. There is some stuff that happens in the background between our databases to ensure that the password is only used for the session. I am using the form-based login with the authenticationProcessingFilter and my own subclass of AuthenticationDao.

This all works fine, but the client wants the logout button and login error pages to go to their (the external) login page. Instead, it goes to our internal login form (our app has one because this is the usual usage for other clients).

I can't specify a different form in loginFormUrl, because it must be container-relative.

The error page can be a simple redirect from my logout controller, so I am not as worried about that, but it would be nice to handle it from acegi.

Is there any way to tell acegi to redirect to the external login page whenever it needs to do so? Why must it be a relative path?

It isn't hard to have your internal login error page contain a JSTL redirect to another external login page. If that is your only requirement, there ya go. If on the other hand you need that external login page to authenticate into your local app, that's a horse of a different color.

If you use the JSTL redirect approach you likely won't have any Acgi context support in your external page. This means that within your local login error page you'll need to pull out relevent error information and pass them as std request params to the external login page. If you care why the login didn't succeed that is.

-Jim

Comment

Re: External loginFormUrl with Acegi

[quote="gbryal"Is there any way to tell acegi to redirect to the external login page whenever it needs to do so? Why must it be a relative path?[/quote]

Just implement your own AuthenticationEntryPoint (copy the AuthenticationProcessingFilterEntryPoint) to provide external login page redirection.

Comment

Working...
      X