X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BindAuthenticator - bindwithdn

I am not able to understand what this method is doing ? It is throwing exception, permission not allowed kind of thing.

specifically this call -
    Code:
        ctx = getContextSource().getContext(fullDn.toString(), password);

So, I might want to skip this call, assuming that user is authenticated before invoking this method ? Anyways, I only authenticate user from ldap server, permissions are gotten from somewhere else.

When I debug, the code, i can see the credentials etc. retrieved. I am not sure if there is any config to fix, in the xml, for this to work correctly ?

But would be glad, if anyone could point out what exactly it is meant to do !!

That is what authenticates the user (search for ldap bind authentication). Your first option is to update your ldap to allow bind authentication (its not working because the permissions are not setup to allow for it on your ldap). Your second option is to configure the PasswordComparisonAuthenticator which uses an admin username/password to obtain the credentials and then compares the username/password that was passed in.

Comment

ok that helped. Actually, there are two servers we have. One is over secure channel that permits authentication and the other is over insecure channel that is just for looking up. Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
      X