Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LDAP authentication working but Bad credentials sometimes

I am using spring security 2.0.3.
    I've set up an LDAP authentication which is working well on localhost with Windows XP. When I deploy it on my linux server (debian), it's working most of the time, but I sometimes get a BadCredentials exception. I've checked my login and password. What could be the reason ?

[EDIT]
    Here is the error logged :
    Code:
    19/08/2010 09:42:50 [Thread-0] DEBUG - org.springframework.security.intercept.AbstractSecurityInterceptor  - Secure object: FilterInvocation: URL: /logon.html?erreur=1; ConfigAttributes: [ROLE_LECTEUR, ROLE_COL, ROLE_CE, ROLE_CE_DIR, ROLE_ADMIN]
    19/08/2010 09:42:50 [Thread-0] DEBUG - org.springframework.security.ui.ExceptionTranslationFilter  - Authentication exception occurred; redirecting to authentication entry point
    org.springframework.security.AuthenticationCredentialsNotFoundException: An Authentication object was not found in the SecurityContext
    	at org.springframework.security.intercept.AbstractSecurityInterceptor.credentialsNotFound(AbstractSecurityInterceptor.java:342)
    	at org.springframework.security.intercept.AbstractSecurityInterceptor.beforeInvocation(AbstractSecurityInterceptor.java:254)
    	at org.springframework.security.intercept.web.FilterSecurityInterceptor.invoke(FilterSecurityInterceptor.java:106)
    	at org.springframework.security.intercept.web.FilterSecurityInterceptor.doFilter(FilterSecurityInterceptor.java:83)
    	at org.springframework.security.util.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:371)
    	at org.springframework.security.ui.ExceptionTranslationFilter.doFilterHttp(ExceptionTranslationFilter.java:101)
    	at org.springframework.security.ui.SpringSecurityFilter.doFilter(SpringSecurityFilter.java:53)
    	at org.springframework.security.util.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:371)
    	at org.springframework.security.ui.AbstractProcessingFilter.doFilterHttp(AbstractProcessingFilter.java:271)
    	at org.springframework.security.ui.SpringSecurityFilter.doFilter(SpringSecurityFilter.java:53)
    	at org.springframework.security.context.HttpSessionContextIntegrationFilter.doFilterHttp(HttpSessionContextIntegrationFilter.java:235)
    	at org.springframework.security.util.FilterChainProxy.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:174)
    	at org.springframework.web.filter.DelegatingFilterProxy.invokeDelegate(DelegatingFilterProxy.java:183)
    	at org.springframework.web.filter.DelegatingFilterProxy.doFilter(DelegatingFilterProxy.java:138)
    	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:215)
    	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:188)
    	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:213)
    	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:172)
    	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:127)
    	at org.jstripe.tomcat.probe.Tomcat55AgentValve.invoke(Tomcat55AgentValve.java:20)
    	at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:117)
    	at org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(AccessLogValve.java:548)
    	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:108)
    	at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:174)
    	at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:875)
    	at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11BaseProtocol.java:665)
    	at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.processSocket(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:528)
    	at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.runIt(LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.java:81)
    	at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:689)
    	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)
    19/08/2010 09:42:50 [Thread-0] DEBUG - org.springframework.security.ui.ExceptionTranslationFilter  - Authentication entry point being called; SavedRequest added to Session: SavedRequest[http://172.XX.X.XX:8081/extranet-0.02/logon.html?erreur=1]
    19/08/2010 09:42:50 [Thread-0] DEBUG - org.springframework.security.context.HttpSessionContextIntegrationFilter  - HttpSession is now null, but was not null at start of request; session was invalidated, so do not create a new session
    19/08/2010 09:42:50 [Thread-0] DEBUG - org.springframework.security.context.HttpSessionContextIntegrationFilter  - SecurityContextHolder now cleared, as request processing completed
    19/08/2010 09:42:50 [Thread-0] DEBUG - org.springframework.security.util.FilterChainProxy  - Converted URL to lowercase, from: '/logon.html'; to: '/logon.html'
    19/08/2010 09:42:50 [Thread-0] DEBUG - org.springframework.security.util.FilterChainProxy  - Candidate is: '/logon.html'; pattern is /logon.html; matched=true
    19/08/2010 09:42:50 [Thread-0] DEBUG - org.springframework.security.util.FilterChainProxy  -  has an empty filter list
    [/EDIT]

Here is a sample of my applicationContext-security.xml :

Code:
    <bean id="contextSource"
    		class="org.springframework.security.ldap.DefaultSpringSecurityContextSource">
    		<constructor-arg value="ldap://VS-DC01.mydomain.fr:389/DC=mydomain,DC=fr" />
    		<property name="userDn"
    			value="CN=adsearch,OU=Compte de service,OU=MyOU,DC=mydomain,DC=fr" />
    		<property name="password" value="adsearch" />
    		<property name="baseEnvironmentProperties">
    			<map>
    				<entry key="java.naming.referral">
    					<value>follow</value>
    				</entry>
    			</map>
    		</property>
    	</bean>
    Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!
    Last edited by aukebefo; Aug 19th, 2010, 04:53 AM.

It's going to be impossible for us to help diagnose without logs illustrating the type of error you're seeing. Please attach logs on DEBUG showing one of these errors.

Comment

Are you using bind authentication or password compare authentication in Spring Security?

Comment

I edited the first message, giving the error logs.
        Last edited by aukebefo; Aug 19th, 2010, 11:04 AM.

Comment

I use bindAuthenticator

Code:
          <bean id="bindAuthenticator"
          	class="org.springframework.security.providers.ldap.authenticator.BindAuthenticator">
          	<constructor-arg ref="contextSource" />
          	<!-- Pour l'authentification -->
          	<property name="userSearch">
          		<bean id="userSearch"
          			class="org.springframework.security.ldap.search.FilterBasedLdapUserSearch">
          			<constructor-arg index="0" value="" />
          			<constructor-arg index="1" value="sAMAccountName={0}" />
          			<constructor-arg index="2" ref="contextSource" />
          		</bean>
          	</property>
          </bean>

Comment

Originally posted by aukebefo View Post
            I edited the first message, giving the error logs.
            That isn't an error - check the FAQ.

You need to show the error from your LDAP server. Write a test case which only attempts to authenticate (i.e without running in a web application). Until you get that working it is just complicating matters and slowing down the debug process if you try to run a full application.

Comment

Until you get that working it is just complicating matters and slowing down the debug process if you try to run a full application.
              I already got it working perfectly @ localhost. It's working well on my server as well, but sometimes, if I try to reconnect after my session expired, I get a bad credentials error. It's not every time and it's working perfectly when there is previous activity. I don't know where it's coming from .

Comment

If it's an LDAP login failure then the information should be in the debug log file.

Comment

It seems the ldap is not giving an answer fast enough, so the daoAuthenticator takes over.

Here is the sample debug when the authentication is working with ldap :
                  Code:
                  [...]
                  DEBUG - org.springframework.security.providers.ProviderManager  - Authentication attempt using org.springframework.security.providers.ldap.LdapAuthenticationProvider
                   DEBUG - org.springframework.security.ldap.search.FilterBasedLdapUserSearch  - Searching for user 'jodo', with user search [ searchFilter: 'sAMAccountName={0}', searchBase: '', scope: subtree, searchTimeLimit: 0, derefLinkFlag: false ]
                   DEBUG - org.springframework.ldap.core.support.AbstractContextSource  - Principal: 'CN=adsearch,OU=Compte de service,OU=Domain,DC=Domain,DC=fr'
                   DEBUG - org.springframework.ldap.core.support.AbstractContextSource  - Got Ldap context on server 'ldap://VS-DC01.Domain.fr:389/dc=Domain,dc=fr'
                   DEBUG - org.springframework.security.ldap.DefaultSpringSecurityContextSource  - Creating context with principal: 'cn=John Doe, ou=Utilisateurs, ou=Domain_Nantes, dc=domain, dc=fr'
                   DEBUG - org.springframework.ldap.core.support.AbstractContextSource  - Got Ldap context on server 'ldap://VS-DC01.Domain.fr:389/dc=Domain,dc=fr'
                   DEBUG - org.springframework.security.ldap.populator.DefaultLdapAuthoritiesPopulator  - Getting authorities for user cn=John Doe, ou=Utilisateurs, ou=Domain_Nantes, dc=Domain, dc=fr
                  [...]
                  Here is the sample when daoAuthenticator takes over :

Code:
                  [...]
                  DEBUG - org.springframework.security.providers.ProviderManager  - Authentication attempt using org.springframework.security.providers.ldap.LdapAuthenticationProvider
                  DEBUG - org.springframework.security.ldap.search.FilterBasedLdapUserSearch  - Searching for user 'auke', with user search [ searchFilter: 'sAMAccountName={0}', searchBase: '', scope: subtree, searchTimeLimit: 0, derefLinkFlag: false ]
                  DEBUG - org.springframework.ldap.core.support.AbstractContextSource  - Principal: 'CN=adsearch,OU=Compte de service,OU=Domain,DC=Domain,DC=fr'
                  DEBUG - org.springframework.security.providers.ProviderManager  - Authentication attempt using org.springframework.security.providers.dao.DaoAuthenticationProvider
                  DEBUG - org.springframework.jdbc.core.JdbcTemplate  - Executing prepared SQL query
                  DEBUG - org.springframework.jdbc.core.JdbcTemplate  - Executing prepared SQL statement [SELECT LOG_COL as username, PAS_COL as password, ACT_COL as enabled
                  				FROM COLLABORATEUR
                  				WHERE LOG_COL=?
                  				]
                  [...]
                  Is there something I can do to make the LdapAuthenticationProvider wait longer ? Or am I looking to the wrong way ?
                  Last edited by aukebefo; Aug 20th, 2010, 10:30 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X