Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help? Does j_spring_security_logout invalidate session

Hi,

I need a clarification in the logout process of spring security. I want to know if sessions will be invalidated when logout is done using j_spring_security_logout.

I am not writing any specific code except calling j_spring_security_logout when logout link is clicked. Is there anything else that I should do. I have given below the configuration done by me and the JSP code fragment.

Any guidance would great.

Thanks

Configuration in springsecurity xml

<security:http entry-point-ref="myAuthenticationEntryPoint" session-fixation-protection="newSession" >

<security:intercept-url pattern="/login/**" />
    <security:intercept-url pattern="/dashboard/dashboard.htm" access="ROLE_ADMIN, ROLE_USER, ROLE_USER1"/>
    <security:intercept-url pattern="/**" access="ROLE_ADMIN, ROLE_USER, ROLE_USER1"/>
    <security:logout logout-success-url="/login.htm"/>
    <security:anonymous username="guest" granted-authority="ROLE_ADMIN, ROLE_USER, ROLE_USER1"/>
    </security:http>

JSP code
    <a href='<c:url value="/j_spring_security_logout"/>'>Log out</a>

Help? Does j_spring_security_logout invalidate session

Hi,

I have not tried it..but found following

'/j_spring_security_logout' of LogoutFilter is similar to '/j_spring_security_check' of AuthenticationProcessingFilter but for logout.

E.g. LogoutFilter will process logout when client request /j_spring_security_logout url. LogoutFilter delegates work to list of LogoutHandler, one of which does session invalidation (SecurityContextLogoutHandler)

Hope this help you...

Also please let me know your final solution for implementing logout.

Thanks,
    Nisha

Comment

By default, the session is invalidated. You can override this behavior using invalidate-session="false" on the <logout> element in your configuration.

Comment

Logout

Hi,

Thanks for all your suggestions.

I used the following code to get it working
        [CODE]
        <a href='<c:url value="/j_spring_security_logout"/>'>Log out</a>
        [CODE]

However, I am now facing another issue with respect to the session time out. I am using a sessionexpiry filter, which gets called for even the login page. I have put this as a separate thread. Any help in this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
        X