Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Locking user for 3 unsuccessful attempts in spring security 3.0.2 Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
This topic is closed
X
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Locking user for 3 unsuccessful attempts in spring security 3.0.2

HI,
    is there any mechnaism in spring security 3.0.2 which will check no of times user entered wrong userid/passoword. if more that 3 times it does. then is houdl lock the user.

Originally posted by maleksf View Post
    HI,
    is there any mechnaism in spring security 3.0.2 which will check no of times user entered wrong userid/passoword. if more that 3 times it does. then is houdl lock the user.
    Out of the box, no. However, this is very simple to implement. One way is to write an application event listener and listen for the AbstractAuthenticationFailureEvent event.

Comment

HI,
      Thanks for this.
      can u please paste the code if u have nay??

secondly i need to lock the user , so howz that feasible. any pointers will be useful

Comment

can u please paste the code if u have nay??
        Unfortunately I can't post the exact code (due to NDA) but if you read the manual regarding application events this isn't hard at all to implement.

secondly i need to lock the user , so howz that feasible. any pointers will be useful
        This really depends on what your authentication source is (DAO, LDAP, etc.) typically you would set the "accountNonLocked" property of your User/UserDetails being returned by your UserDetailsService (assuming you have a custom one) accordingly.

Comment

hey thanks

Comment

Working...
          X