Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using user login to bind to LDAP

Hi,

NOTE - I am currently limited to spring security 2.0

I'm relatively new to spring security so apologies if this is an obvious question.

- Our LDAP Server does NOT support anonymous binding
    - I dont want to create a special "Manager" account for binding
    - Every user that can log into our application will have those same credentials give them readonly access to the LDAP (We have a company wide LDAP server)

So I want to be able to use the user supplied ID / Password to bind to the LDAP server before doing a search in the LDAP server for that same user's roles.

As far as I can tell I need to create a custom LdapAuthenticationProvider but I'm not having any luck so far, has anyone done anything like this before?

Thanks in advance for any help

You just need to implement the AuthenticationProvider interface. The authenticate() method will be passed a UsernamePasswordAuthentication token from which you can extract the username and password. Then write the necessary LDAP code to make the bind call and load the user authorities.

Comment

I think I understand,

if I override the authenticate method I could create a local org.springframework.ldap.core.support.AbstractCont extSource from the username / password.

This new context source could then be used to create a org.springframework.security.providers.ldap.LdapAu thenticationProvider and org.springframework.security.providers.ldap.authen ticator.BindAuthenticator which would then be used to perform the authentication.

Is this the right way of going about this?

Comment

Working...
      X