Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Spring Security 3.0 RC1 missing org.aopalliance.intercept.MethodInterceptor? Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
This topic is closed
X
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring Security 3.0 RC1 missing org.aopalliance.intercept.MethodInterceptor?

I have been working on configuring Spring Security 3.0 RC1 and configured the following line:

<global-method-security secured-annotations="enabled" jsr250-annotations="enabled"/>

which throws the following exception on deployment:

Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.aopalliance.intercept.MethodInterceptor

Where is that library located and why is it not in the Spring Security download?

This is included as part of the full Spring distribution.

Comment

Apparently not as I downloaded Spring 3.0.0.RC1 and the library is not included.

Comment

Download here: http://sourceforge.net/projects/aopalliance/

You are probably missing other dependencies as well, I'd suggest finding a bundle of Spring that contains all the dependencies, or using Maven so that they are downloaded automagically.

Comment

Yes, our project does not use Maven or Ivy, so that is not an option. I ended up downloading the library from the AOP Alliance Sourceforge website, but that library was from 2004 and if AOP is a requirement to use Spring Security, why is Spring AOP not used?

Comment

Hi

I'm using Spring 3 too. Is it still a requirement to use Maven to get all the AOP dependencies, or is there a hidden download that includes all the jars? I also tried the AOP Alliance sourceforge downloads but they are saying they are alpha, and seem a bit incomplete

Will set maven going in the meantime anyhoo.

Thanks

Comment

Ah, just to add. I am using Netbeans for this particular project. But I have SpringSource (Eclipse) too, and that had already downloaded them into <home>/.m2/repository/....

Had to use Eclipse ctrl+shift+T to find where the jar was

Comment

Working...
              X