X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cannot extend DaoAuthenticationProvider

I am trying to convert an application that uses Acegi 0.9.0 to Spring Security 2.0.5

Import for DAO authentication provider modified from:
    import net.sf.acegisecurity.providers.dao.AuthenticationD ao; (interface)
    to:
    import org.springframework.security.providers.dao.DaoAuth enticationProvider; (class)

I have an abstract class BaseDAOHibernate that extends HibernateDaoSupport. I then have a class UserDAOHibernate that extends BaseDAOHibernate, and implements interface UserDAO.

Interface UserDAO simply has a loadUserByUsername() method and used to extend interface AuthenticationDao, but now I cannot extend DaoAuthenticationProvider because DaoAuthenticationProvider is not an interface.

What is the best way to modify my archictecture to utilize the new Spring Security DaoAuthenticationProvider?

Implement UserDetailsService and inject your implementation into DaoAuthenticationProvider. Or implement AuthenticationProvider directly.

Comment

cannot extend DaoAuthenticationProvider

Luke - Thank you for responding.

Could you pls be a little more specific about how to inject my implementation into DaoAuthenticationProvider.

Comment

Dependency injections is a core part of the Spring framework. You really need to understand Spring properly before using Spring Security:

http://static.springsource.org/sprin...s-introduction

Comment

I just wanted to verify that you were talking about entries in the security application context.

Comment

There isn't really a security application context as such. The security components are all just standard Spring beans and part of the normal application context that Spring loads.

Comment

Ok...Thanks.

Do you happen to know the Spring Security equivalents of the following:

net.sf.acegisecurity.intercept.web.SecurityEnforce mentFilter
              org.springframework.security.intercept.web.???

net.sf.acegisecurity.ui.webapp.SiteminderAuthentic ationProcessingFilter
              org.springsecurity.security.ui.webapp.???

Not showing up in 2.0.5 javadoc:

http://static.springsource.org/sprin...ocs/index.html

Comment

There aren't direct equivalents. Acegi 0.9 is very old and a lot of things have changed since then. FilterSecurityInterceptor is the closest thing to SecurityEnforcementFilter, but is used in combination with ExceptionTranslationFilter.

Siteminder would be supported by the RequestHeaderPreAuthenticatedProcessingFilter:

http://static.springsource.org/sprin...e/preauth.html

Comment

Thanks again...I will try these.

Lastly, do I need to replace authz.tld with secuity.tld...and if so, do you know where I can download/find security.tld?

Comment

How do I replace this:

<bean id="authenticationProcessingFilter" class="net.sf.acegisecurity.ui.webapp.SiteminderAu thenticationProcessingFilter">
                    <property name="authenticationManager"><ref bean="authenticationManager"/></property>
                    <property name="authenticationFailureUrl"><value>/login.jsp?login_error=1</value></property>
                    <property name="defaultTargetUrl"><value>/security.do?method=getMainMenu</value></property>
                    <property name="filterProcessesUrl"><value>/j_acegi_security_check</value></property>
                    <property name="siteminderUsernameHeaderKey"><value>SM_USER</value></property>
                    <property name="siteminderPasswordHeaderKey"><value>SM_USER</value></property>
                    <property name="formUsernameParameterKey"><value>j_username</value></property>
                    <property name="formPasswordParameterKey"><value>j_password</value></property>
                    </bean>

with this:

<bean id="authenticationProcessingFilter" class="org.springframework.security.ui.preauth.hea der.RequestHeaderPreAuthenticatedProcessingFilter" >
                    <security:custom-filter position="PRE_AUTH_FILTER" />
                    <property name="authenticationManager"><ref bean="authenticationManager"/></property>
                    <property name="principalRequestHeader"><value>SM_USER</value></property>
                    </bean>

Comment

Working...
                    X